𝟐𝟖. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘢

disclaimer: this chapter may be triggering to a few people

disclaimer: this chapter may be triggering to a few people. please read with caution. thank you.

irl!

six years ago age 13

it was midnight when vivian was woken up by a loud bang. she thought it'd be axell playing his video games at this time since he never seems to go to bed so early but she remembered that he's spending the night at his friends house. she tries to go back to sleep when she hears someone yelling. she got up from her bed and slowly opened her door, she stood silent trying to recognize that voice. it's her dad.

her parents had gotten a divorce when he started to become controlling towards her mother to the point where it became a toxic household. the house would be filled up with loud cries and things being thrown all over the place. she can't quite remember how it all began. it was never like this, they were the picture perfect family. until one day he suddenly changed.

her mother would tolerate him, sometimes she would defend him but when his hand landed on her face she knew she had to leave for their safety. that was five months ago.

she grabbed her device and looked for her brothers contact name.

hope 🧸
mitch
come home please
he's here
i'm scared

mitch 🏹
stay in your room vivian
lock it
is axell there?

hope 🧸
no he's at a friends
mom still isn't here
you need to hurry

mitch 🏹
im omw
don't get out of your room vivian

the screaming was now heard on the other side of the door. vivian curled herself up in a corner, trying her hardest to stay still and not make any noise while praying that he leaves. as it gets louder, she sobs with her head in her hands.

"vivian open the fucking door," his words come out slurring, "i know you're in there!" her cries get louder and suddenly she can't breathe properly. her heart rate increases as he's pounding the door. she's never felt like this before, it almost feels as if she's going to lose consciousness at any given moment.

"please go away," she whispers softly. she flinches as he begins to kick her door. some of her worries go away as soon as she hears mitchell's voice. however, they come back when her mother starts demanding him to leave. he ignores her, instead he tells her how bad of a mother she is. how she left her underage daughter at home with no adult.