●♥ 𝟙𝟚 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

A soft knock on my door lured me from the embrace of sleep. The early morning rays swept through the white curtain straight into my opened eyes. I grumbled, shutting my eyes back as the squeaking of my room door filled the room.

"Hey."

I turned to the door to see Abigail's head halfway through the small opening. Her eyes softened once mine met hers. With a slight groan, I sat up on my bed and she took the invitation to fully open the door, stepping in. She scanned the room before her eyes settled on me again. It was the same as it had been the morning before, didn't have much strength in me last night to pack up all my drawing books before letting the comforts of my duvet wrap around me.

It hadn't been as warm as being wrapped comfortably around Avondré's arms, but it was still something to be embraced.

Abigail settled on the edge of my bed, her eyes curled into a light smile along with her lips. "You okay? You came in quite late last night."

My eyes fluttered close as the waves of the day before swept through me. It'd been one of the heaviest days of my life, coming in a close second to the day my mother died. But unlike that one, this one had its moment of bliss. Moments with him pulled the edges of my lips up and made me release a sigh. I opened my eyes back to see the edges of Abigail's lips quirked up with mischief glinting in her eyes.

"I'm good."

"Did you find all the answers you wanted yesterday?"

"Not all," I sighed, my mind taking me back to Stephon's words and his promise. "But today is meant to sort that out."

"Oh?" Abigail blinked. "Another quest for the day?"

The change in Abigail's tone had me sitting up a bit more just as her head fell and she cursed beneath her breath.

"Abi..."

"No," she said with her head still down, even as her eyes gazed up at me. "I'm sorry that wasn't meant to come out like that."

"Sorry? What do you have to be sorry for? I should be the one who's sorry. We had all these things planned together thanks to me and yet I'm the one going off to do my own things. I'm..."