Back to the Square

Shaira's steps halted as she took a turn from there. She didn't have any good excuse to tell Alkov as to why she was there.
Her mind rebuked her for even coming here but now avoiding Alkov was her prime concern.
After taking 10 steps behind. She reached a secluded area of the company. Everything seems so luxurious in there that Shaira could not help but stare.

She knew one day she will build herself the same empire or maybe even bigger than this no matter what it takes.

The moment of thought halted as she get back to reality. Hiding against the hall she saw back seeing Mr. Alkov Vanedestine walking in the same direction as her.

For god sake leave me alone.

Her palms were sweaty. She looked around. There was not a single place to go- just two elevators. Not finding any option. She pressed the button for the first one. She froze as the screen pulled out over for the retina scan.

Oh fuck

These are the private elevators for Vanedestines.

Can she get into it?

There was no other option than try.

She hurriedly scans her eyes for that. She knew it was absurd. How could they have her retinal info saved here? But people do weird stuff to try and save their ass. Today was that day for her.

She sighed as she don't get any results even after the retinal scan. She was doomed.  Looking back again in the direction of Alkov coming. He was talking to some people in the hallway. He will reach here anytime soon.

Save me, anyone, please!

Shaira said folding her hands together with her eyes closed. Praying to anyone who is listening above.

Identity confirmed.

Access granted.

The two sentences were the only thing heard as Shaira opened her eyes looking wide-eyed towards the elevators which were now open.

She thanked all her lucky stars for this. She rapidly stepped into the elevators and pressed the highest floor possible. As there were only the last three floors' buttons available on the elevator.

The next worry was to avoid Dexton and other workers and come back down again.

It does not take a long time for Shaira to know that she was completely and utterly stuck. There's no way she would be able to get out of the building unscathed.

But she will have to try. She regretted the moment she decided to enter this building.

As the elevator bell pinged. Shaira was ready to dash out from there. Find the nearest common elevator and get the hell out of this obnoxious building.

She took a deep breath as she get out of the elevator. She need to blend in the atmosphere which was utterly impossible as everyone was wearing perfect formals. Men with suits and shiny shoes and women with pencil skirts and black heels.

Shaira was looking like an odd bump with her messy hair and red overcoat.

Her plan of going unnoticed was ruined as a blonde worker stopped her in her tracts.

"Hey, Miss! Who are you?"

The blonde woman spoke taking the attention of the other workers passing from there.

"Umm- I- am" Shaira stuttered looking down at the shiny marbles. She did not know what to say.

"What are you looking at? I am talking to you? This is the private floor of Mr. Vanedestine. How did you get here?" The blonde woman glowered at her.