Chapter 9

Lucien PoV

That red wolf left almost as soon as Eden passed out.

Almost.

The thing that disturbed me the most was that he was even near Eden in the first place. Not that it mattered anymore because my little mate was now in my hands. No one else's.

My main concern right now is why did he pass out? Could it be because of famine? He was most definitely starving and severely underweight but it didn't really make sense at all because he was perfectly fine till that moment. I will have to keep a close eye on his health from now on.

Alex was still cursing me out in my head while Xavier was giving me frequent updates on the pack.

When we arrived back I put Eden in my bed and called the pack doctors to check what was wrong with him. Deciding that I should not stay there I went to my office where I started to talk to my betas about what was happening. The pack that I nearly entered was "Black River" and we aren't on the best terms with each other.

They have sent a couple of wolves to scout out the border of my pack. Probably should have thought more rationally before trying to enter a pack. In my defense, I did not enter their pack territory. I was just on the outside like Eden and that annoying red wolf.

They were advancing much faster than I anticipated. I could just wait for them that would be much easier to do. They weren't coming from the direction of the pack wolves so it would be alright. They would come in contact with the pack house first.

Summoning Xavier and Alex to the back of the pack house we waited for them to show up.

When they did there were more then I had expected. Maybe 30 or more.

"I did not sign up for this." Alex said out loud. I did not sign up for this either on technical terms. I inherited this position from my parents.

The thirty or so wolves approached with caution. They did not seem worried because I guess in technical terms it's kind of like 10 vs. 1 because it's like ten for the three of us.

"What if more come? Can I back out?" Xavier said and that was normal because he was lazy. He usually wouldn't say that until we finished doing what we needed to do but he has been in a mood.

"Wait... Are we killing them?" Alex asked. Oh my god. I am done with this role of being the leader right now. What do they not understand? I literally told them the plan and now they are acting like I never said anything.

"I guess we are going to die then." I responded.

"Die? I just barely started to live! I wanted to have children!" Alex yelled out. Dramatic Alex que.

"I'll kill you if you do not shut up." Xavier jumped in. I never knew that my life would be becoming a babysitter of two fully grown men. I thought that this role was to be something like a leader not a babysitter. Maybe it is just my experience but this is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that I literally have a moody teenager as my mate.

Their caution was no more which is going to be an issue. I mean it was probably because of our argument and theatrical Alex. He could receive an award for his great skills but he has none so I guess that is the problem that lies there.

"Who even are they?" Two people are going to have an early funeral. Alex just volunteered to be first with this little comment.

"They are the black river pack. The one we have issues with. Do you want to kill them?" I said responding to both questions.

The first attack came at Xavier. I guess they thought we were distracted and Xavier sure was because he had a slow reaction. This pack is a mess right now and I don't want to fix it. I just want to be with Eden but nooo just had to ruin it all.

Once we finished with them I was heading back inside but I noticed that the door was very much broken. We did not break it which means someone is inside.

Great this couldn't get anymore worse then it was already. Or so I thought.

The scent was not that of a werewolf but that of a human. A hunter at that which means that the black river are with the humans.

I ran as fast as I could and the scent lead me to Edens room which is mine technically. I opened the door to find him as in the intruder right beside the bed with a very annoyed but also scared Eden staring at him.

The hunter turned around looking scared. "He should be." Zephyr said in my mind. I couldn't argue with that at all. I quickly grabbed the man and pulled him away. Alex and Xavier grabbed him from me. Oh so now they know when to take something serious.

He had pulled the IV drip out of his arm which left a bruise. That isn't normal. I should have some tests run.  He shifted obviously trying to get out of bed but I held him there making sure he wasn't getting hurt by my grip.

I grabbed some water from the bedside table and passed it to him. He took it without any agitated look so I passed him a pen and notepad.

I watched him. Observing him. He is my new obsession. I'm worried that he will reject me after all I did.

Without thinking I reached towards his face and started to make calming circles on his cheek. My mom always did this to my dad when he was stressed. He didn't flinch so I decided to put my head on his shoulder. I inhaled his scent that I was in love with already.

I could feel him writing something down. Soon he tapped me on the shoulder to catch my attention.

It said "what was that about?" Meaning what was that hunter doing. "He's to curious." Zephyr said.

"Nothing that concerns your pretty little head." I said in reply to his question. He looked at me with a bruh I know your lying face but didn't write anything else down.

I put my head back into his shoulder. This is where his scent glands were. He became less tense which was a good sign. I guess it is true that we both have to reject each other to accept it. I hope he won't want to do it.

(Okay new chapter done! I broke my arm so I just recently got back into writing this. I hope you enjoy the chapter even though it's short.)