Chapter Thirty-Six

The light from the sun was shining through the window, causing Isabella to stir as it hit her closed eyes

The light from the sun was shining through the window, causing Isabella to stir as it hit her closed eyes. She knew she would not be able to sleep anymore, so she opened her eyes, her vision still unstable from the sleep. Once her vision was clear, she looked up at a boy standing by the door with a plate in his hand and a glass in the other.

"Good morning, Angel." Aiden walked toward the bed and set the plate and glass of juice on the bedside table.

Instantly, Isabella smelled what happened to be her favorite breakfast meal: eggs.

The plate filled with eggs and bacon was making her mouth water.

"Did you make this?" Isabella asked, her gaze leaving the plate to settle on her friend.

"No, Nicole made it. She was up early and made us breakfast."

"Did you eat?"

"Yeah," he said, sitting on the edge of the bed next to her. "I thought you would be awake, so I brought you breakfast in bed."

"Thank you." She smiled gratefully and sat up, leaning her back on the headboard. She grabbed the plate from the bedside table and set it on her covered lap. She grabbed as much of the delicious eggs as she could with her fork and took a bite, an overpowering flavor exploding in her mouth.

"Ugh! This is so good." She moaned with her mouth full.

Aiden chuckled.

Isabella continued to eat her breakfast while the room was silent. She was almost finished with the last few bites of eggs when Aiden cleared his throat and asked, "How do you feel about your parents coming around later?"

The question startled Isabella. She hadn't thought about her parents coming back until now. She put down her fork on the plate and gripped its ends.

"I don't know how they will react like I said before."

"But I know they won't hate you for anything. They'll love you regardless, no matter what happens," he reassured her gently.

"If it makes you feel any better, when I talked to them while you were at the hospital, your dad said he was going to kill Matthew when he came back."

Isabella's lips curved up just thinking about how her father would be in 'kill mode.' "What did my mom say?"

Aiden hesitated before he said, "She was devastated. But she's relieved that you're okay now." He patted her covered leg with a small smile.

"Speaking of which, she called Nicole earlier and they said they'd be here in an hour."

An hour? she thought, stunned.

"Okay." Her hands were numb from gripping the plate too tight.

"Hey, hey." Aiden took the plate from Isabella. "Relax. Do something in the meantime to keep yourself distracted, okay?"