01

Chapter One
" Are you insane? "

× ANANYA ×

Do you know the feeling after running away? From a wedding,
which was yours.

No regrets. Just fun.

Giving a chance to a forced wedding isn't sometimes what we need to do in life

But giving a chance to yourself and running away (after enjoying the pre wedding rituals) is exactly what we need to do in life. Sometimes.

I mean, what if I got stuck with a person who is nothing but rude for no reason?
I hate people being rude for no reason!

What if the person is way too much egoistic and thinks the world starts beneath his feet?
These kind of people suck!

What if his family treats me like a slave?
I don't like being controlled. I mean, who does?

What if the person is just like my father?
That thought scares me the most.

Marrying off your (soon to be) 20 year old daughter to a guy who is almost a decade elder than her is not what parents do in this generation? Or do they?

But who cares about generation when you don't care about your daughter? All we care about is money and dominance. Fair enough!

Now I feel like an uncaged bird, who can fly all she wants. No more restrictions, no more cages.

Running away from an area which was surrounded by tons of people was not easy though but most of them were busy. Men were busy in the bar section whereas Women were busy on gossiping and discussing whose saree was more expensive and who wore more jewellery.

Typical orthodox town. Typical orthodox relatives And Typical orthodox parents is what I escaped from today. The marriage was just a side reason.

Walking into a hotel I previously booked, I gave the receptionist the detials he asked for before giving me the keys to my room.

I dragged my suitcase and a big bag kept on it which consisted of all my essential items and some money. This life is going to be so new and hard without much money but atleast it's easier than the one I was living before.

I removed my phone from my pocket, not exactly my phone but my father's phone, the one I owned was nearly useless and the best one was my father's so I had to take it to survive. Along with the phone, I also kept his sim card and a note on my bed saying,

" Government ke hisab se property ka aadha share dena padta sirf phone leke gayi hu, thank you bol dena. "
(According to government, you should to give me half share of your property, I just took your phone so thank me)

I also had to buy a new sim card, just in case my parents try to find me, which I know they won't but no risk at all should be taken.

My chain of thoughts broke when someone bumped with me and my luggage fell down from my hands as I tried to save that someone -who was a boy- from falling directly on ground.

I pulled the person's hand and ours bodies collided while our faces were dangerously close. The boy had a phone stuck to his ear like before but the only difference was that he didn't speak a word now.

This shit felt too dramatic to be real!

My brain did a short scan of his handsome face, noticing his features which were really good.

My Bollywood mind was already playing the background music along with some la-la-laa-laa, and some flower petals flowing from the air as if god was throwing them from heaven and our eyes were not ready to leave each other as if we were meant to be with each other forever.