Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

16| Atlas

Evelyn was a freak. And I loved her for it to the bits.

Her legs gave out and I gripped her waist tighter, holding her close to me. "I got you."

I fixed my clothes and then kneeled in front of her to fix hers as well. She placed her hand on my shoulder for support, her eyes closed as the shocks of the orgasm still rocked through her body. I picked her up along with my jacket that had fallen near our feet and her eyes snapped open. "Atlas," she mumbled.

Fuck. I loved the way my name sounded in her voice. Like a plea and a gentle caress.

"Just a minute," I said and turned around, making a beeline to an office chair that was placed near the other wall along the window. It had some dust on it but I ignored it and sat down, placing Evelyn on my lap. A strong gust of wind blew in from the open window and she shivered. Immediately, I wrapped her in my jacket.

From the last time we had spent the night together, I knew she got cold afterward. Good thing I had my jacket in my locker today. Her lithe fingers pulled the jacket closer to her body and I wrapped my arms around her, hoping to provide her some warmth. We sat like that for who knows how long. With her on my lap and our hearts beating in sync, slowly calming down.

After a while, I heard her groan against my shoulder. "This was not supposed to happen."

My lips quirked up in a smile. "But it did," I said, squeezing her waist.

She pulled back and glared at me with her pretty eyes. "It's all your fault! I was doing just fine before coming to meet you. If you hadn't said anything to Samantha, none of this would have happened."

"My fault huh?" I raised a brow at her. "If you were doing fine all this while then you wouldn't have kissed me. And if I recall correctly it was you who had gone "kiss me dammit", wasn't it?"

"Why did you even tell Samantha that you didn't want to work with me?" she asked, completely ignoring what I had said.

Oh, so this is how it's going to be.

"Well, you were ignoring me and I had to talk to you. And I knew the only way you would come to me was when I did something drastic," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Her glare was back on in full force. The way her cheeks puffed slightly and her lips formed into a pout whenever she was angry made her look so fucking adorable. I wanted to laugh and kiss her at the same time. When she saw my pursed lips, she smacked my chest and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I threw my head back and laughed.

"Asshole," she grumbled.

"Only for you," I replied and kissed her tiny nose.

She suddenly stilled, her face going blank like the way it had gone that night after which she was hell-bent on going back home. Panic constricted my chest and my grip tightened on her waist. "Rosy," I called.

Her gaze flicked to mine, eyes filled with doubt. "What are we doing, Atlas?" she asked, her voice so soft and vulnerable that it hurt.

I sighed. "I don't know."

I really didn't. Evelyn and I had been always snapping at each other that having a normal conversation with her had always felt like a far-fetched idea. I wouldn't lie and say that I had never been attracted to her though. Because damn I was.

She was beautiful. The most beautiful woman I had ever seen. And that smart mouth of hers that always had something to say and rile me up just made me want to kiss her until she forgot how to speak. I just didn't know if she felt the same. But this project made us spend more time in each other's vicinity and I started seeing the signs. Maybe she was as attracted to me as I was to her.