Chapter 20: Origin of a Cursed Blade

We sit on my bed in the memory room. Holographic scenes whiz by us. I look down in the pregnant silence knowing what I am going to say no matter what he says. "What did you want to talk about?" I ask. He shrugs and lightly grabs my arm. Our eyes meet. "I want you to visit an island with me." He says.

I rub my thumbs together nervously. I hope it is not the island Mother and my other husband is on. "I think we need space. We have obviously gone our separate ways and you have enough children from me to eventually bring back your race's population. Cynthia loves you the way you want to be loved..."

"Cynthia is destroyed." He looks at me with glassy silver eyes with a hint of red in them.

"That sucks but I'm sure you'll find another lady like her. What happened to her?" He looks away from me and takes a deep breath. He looks up and his eyes get redder.

"Ectopic pregnancy. This pregnancy took her- It took her from me. You said you loved me. Did you lie?" He looks down at me.

"I did not lie about loving you. I still love you. You're the father of my older children. I just don't think I can love two strong males at once. I married someone else like you married Cynthia. He really loves me for who I am. He loves every aspect of my personality and soul. I love him too. I feel safe and at home with him. I think that's where I belong and maybe I needed to go on this journey to find him all along." I bitterly smile at him and two streams run down my cheeks from my eyes.

"If he is your other husband, he'll have to defeat me to have you. I'm your first husband and my needs come first. Does it seem fair that you have children with him, but I don't have any children with anyone else but you? I leave you alone for a little while in a wardrobe I created for you and this is what I get in return?" I wipe my face with my hand and take a deep breath.

"I will leave you to mull over what we spoke of." I walk to the door and grab the copper handle.

"If you think I will ever let you go, I am telling you I will not ever let you go." He stands up and briskly closes the gap between us.

"You want that piece of your heart back?" He lightly pulls my shoulder and I partially turn to him with my hand still on the handle. I briefly squeeze my eyes shut.

"No, it's yours to keep and you belong to the family we've built. You owe me and our children your presence like you originally promised." He tucks a finger under my chin. I bite my lower lip and squeeze the handle.

"You can't protect him from me. If he's as strong as you say he is, he should be able to defeat me."

"Why do you two have to battle? What about the children?" Red glowing eyes stare down at me.

"You mean the children that shouldn't even exist or our children?" My eyes widen and he scoops me up. He then throws me over his shoulder.

"It's time your refugees find out who the emperor of this empire is, right empress?" I gasp and he carries me out to the main hall to the thrones. I expect him to throw me on one of the thrones, but he just moves me into his arms and sits on one of the thrones. Then he sits me on his lap. He fits perfectly in the massive seat. I readjust in his lap and see the king of the neighboring realm with worry shaking his hazel eyes. His lazy curls dance a little. I avoid his gaze and look at the rejected warriors. I clear my throat.

"Our old king forced his way past us and went into your room..." A warrior with dry orange blood all over his clothes says.

"You all allowed him to go into my room?" I gasp and place a hand over my chest.