wikipedia page | colby parker

Colby Lynn Parker (born June 12th, 2002) is an Australian actress. She is known for playing Max Mayfield in the Netflix television series Stranger Things and Ziggy Bergman in the Netflix horror film trilogy Fear Street.

COLBY PARKER

Born June 12th, 2002 in Alice Springs NT, AUS

Occupation Actress

Years Active 2015 to present

Relatives Brie Parker (sister)
Grace Parker (sister)
Scott Brown (step-brother)

EARLY LIFE

Parker was born in Alice Springs NT, AUS. Her mother is Denise Brown (née Lewis), her father Daniel Parker (deceased). She spent the first nine years of her life there before moving to Melbourne VIC, AUS to live with her step-father. While her sister, Brie, showed an interest in acting first, Colby eventually found that she enjoyed the acting classes she and twin Grace would tag along for.

In 2014, she scored her first role in a TV show. The family (which includes Brie Parker, Grace Parker, and Scott Brown) made the decision to move from Australia to the United States so that she could follow her dreams of acting. This move greatly benefited her, as well as her sisters.

CAREER

Parker began her career with her role as Suzanne Ballard in American Odyssey in 2015. She then had a cameo in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix in 2016. After that, she landed a role in the film adaptation of The Glass Castle as Young Lori Walls in 2017. In 2017, she joined the Netflix series Stranger Things as Maxine "Max" Mayfield. She narrated an Australian documentary titled Dominion in 2018. In 2019, she starred as Haley in horror movie Eli. In 2021, she joined the Netflix horror film series Fear Street as Ziggy Bergman. She is set to star as Tess DeNunzio in the upcoming movie Dear Zoe. She will also be Elle in the upcoming movie The Whale.

PERSONAL LIFE

Parker currently resides in Santa Barbara, California. She is renting an apartment, which she shares with a fellow actress.

RELATIONSHIPS
Parker is not currently romantically attached to anyone. In interviews, she has claimed to be focused on her career. She has also said that she has already watched a great love story play out, she's not interested in finding her own currently (in reference to Brie Parker and Jacob Elordi).

She spends most of her time with either her step-brother or her sisters, as well as her sister's best friends. She is also close with her cast mates from Stranger Things. Her best friends consist of Millie Bobbie Brown and Lydia Graham. Graham is actually her roommate, the two having moved in together in the spring of 2021.

PETS
Though she frequents dog shelters, like her sister, she has not adopted any pets.

DIET
As a young child, Colby began a vegetarian kick. It never lasted more than a month at a time until she was thirteen. That's when she buckled down on it, not wanting to eat meat anymore. She debated going vegan until she met Woody Harrelson (a vegan veteran) while filming The Glass Castle. She and his daughter had a three day sleepover, during which she never felt as if she was missing any food. After that, becoming a vegan wasn't a hard choice for her.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Parker joined social media at a young age, which she admitted in an interview. She told the story of learning technology to keep up with her favorite band (Big Time Rush). Over the years, her love for them has scarcely faded and she actually runs a fan account on multiple sites, using a pseudonym to avoid scrutiny.

FILMOGRAPHY

FILM
2017 | The Glass Castle | Young Lori Walls
2018 | Dominion | narrator
2019 | Eli | Haley
2021 | Fear Street: 1978 | Ziggy Bergman
2021 | Fear Street: 1666 | Ziggy Bergman/Constance
TBD | Dear Zoe | Tess DeNunzio
TBD | The Whale | Ellie

TELEVISION
2015 | American Odyssey | Suzanne Ballard | Main role, 11 episodes
2016 | Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt | Tween girl | Episode: "Kimmy Sees a Sunset!"
2017-present | Stranger Things | Maxine "Max" Mayfield | Main role, season 2 - present

EXTERNAL LINKS

Colby Parker at IMDb