Ride

A/N: Not gonna revolve around the case from 15x01

The BAU team is currently at Alvez's for the Simmons' baby shower. Matt and his wife, with Penelope and Alvez talking about the Simmons' child. Tara and Reid are tending themselves with the food prepared for the party while JJ and Emily are outside the porch having their own conversation.

"So, how are things with Andrew?" JJ asked Emily then sipping her soda. "Everything's going well. We're taking things slow and it's honestly scary." 

"You're both going to be fine. He seems to be taking this seriously and cares for you." 
"Enough about me, how are you and Y/N? How's the wedding preparation going? Speaking of, where is she?"

"Funny, but we're fine. We're thinking about getting married next year until everything cools down a little. She's outside with Mendoza drooling and geeking about your boyfriend's motorcycle."

"Ugh, I'm sorry about that. It's sexy but statistically stupid." Both women laughed and continued their conversation.

Outside Alvez's apartment

"We should definitely gather for a group ride sometimes. I think it's time I bring my Vulcan down here in Quantico." Y/N told Andrew as they got back inside Luke's apartment.

"We should, but I don't think JJ and Emily are going to like the idea of cruising down for a short ride but it's worth a shot." Both shook hands and gathered with the team.

After the party, JJ and Y/N drove back to their house. During the drive, Y/N asked JJ, "So, I'm thinking about having a short vacation back to Vermont next week. Would you like to come with me?" Y/N took a quick glance at JJ to say that she wanted her to come.  "That would be nice. Is there an occasion or just a break from work?" 

"Just a break. Get some fresh air, show you places where I used to go, and visualize the stories I told you."

"That sounds nice, I'll come with you." They arrived at their house and slept.

JJ and Y/N are currently packing for their trip to Vermont the next day. Emily is driving them both to the airport in the morning. "You got everything you need?" Y/N asked as she passed by JJ carrying a small carry-on bag. "Yup, everything's packed. How about you?" JJ threw back the question as she lay on the bed. "Everything's packed. Now, let's sleep." Y/N kissed JJ and turned the lights out.

As they arrived at Burlington Airport, Y/N saw her mom waving at them with her dad. "Hi Mom, I missed you so much," Y/N said as she was about to reach for a hug when her mom walked past her and hugged JJ tightly. "Hey, Y/M/N. So glad to see you again." JJ hugged back tightly. Y/N shook her head and hugged her father. "Hi Dad, how's the drive down here?" 

"Oh it's fine, great to take out your mom for a spontaneous date from time to time, so we went to a little diner before arriving here. Let me take both your bags back to the car." You gave him your bag while you carried JJ's. You insisted on driving back to your parent's house with your Mom and JJ in the backseat while your dad was in the passenger side. Both women at the back are having a great laugh while catching up and you can't help but smile as you look at them through the rearview mirror. 

You got to your parents' house and you took both of your bags up to your room while JJ followed your mom to the kitchen. You went to the garage and took off the cover of your Kawasaki Vulcan S. You hopped on the bike to see how it felt since you had not seen it for 6 years since you moved to Virginia. Your dad is standing by the door smiling at you. "You missed riding, huh?"  You looked at him and said, "I do, we never got on that "touring the mountainside" ride we planned a long time ago." You got off the motor and went back inside to help prepare for dinner.