Once upon a dream

Rory and Peter's arrival at the camp had been nothing but awe-inducing

Rory and Peter's arrival at the camp had been nothing but awe-inducing. The Narnians, who had learned about Rory's ancestry and role recently had been mourning the loss of the princess only to see her alive and well with her arms around their future king. The Narnians had rejoiced cheering in confusion but excitement.

Peter dismounted from Wilbur. He tried to help the princess down but she refused: the Pevensie boy had injured his arm in the battle and he made it worse by riding AND carrying Rory all for the sake of heroics. Rory was not particularly happy to hear that as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Are you crazy?" Rory exclaimed, "What about your arm?"

"I wouldn't be a good hero if I didn't," Peter reminded her.

"You already are a great hero, Peter," Rory said sincerely "No need to further injure yourself for the sake of heroics."

That effectively shut him off. Rory nodded satisfied as climbed off Wilbur. The couple thanked the horse, who bowed and told them it was an honor.

"And now let's get your arm checked again," Rory instructed him.

Before they even had a chance to respond, the couple was surrounded by the Pevensies. All of them expressed their relief at the fact that both Peter and Rory were alive and well.  Lucy tackled Peter and Rory in a hug,  the older teens smiled and hugged her back. Eventually, Lucy separated from the hug and chose to cling to Rory's middle as if afraid she'd disappear.

"You have to excuse Lucy," Edmund said with a smile, "She is a bit clingy"

"Of course I am!" Lucy defended herself "You and Rory died! How am I supposed to react after that?"

"Wait you died?" Rory exclaimed with wide eyes, examining the younger male Pevensie for injuries.

"So did you!" Edmund reminded her, "Or well you didn't... but you did. I don't know. It's confusing. The point is we are exactly on the same boat!"

"Fair enough," Rory shrugged as she hugged him.

"We are so glad you are back," Susan said while hugging Peter. Then she turned to Rory and hugged her. "Both of you."

"C'mon, I'm sure you are hungry?" Susan said after the hugfest was over.

"We need to go to the infirmary," Rory said pointing at Peter's arm. Susan sighed, really her siblings were all trouble magnets.

The group was walking towards the infirmary when they hear surprised squeals and gasps. It was Rory's aunts. The Browning girl had heard that her aunts were in Narnia from Peter and she believed him but seeing it was a completely different thing.

Her aunts immediately launched to hug her, nearly squeezing the air out of Rory's lungs. They each took turns kissing her forehead and whispering how much they loved her and missed her tearfully. Rory felt so overwhelmed by their love that started crying too. The Pevensies watched the tender scene with smiles, glad that Rory was reunited with her family.