CHAPTER 26

Augustus cast scrutinizing eyes on the guy for seconds. "Holy Fuck!" He abandoned his fork to eat cake and fished out his phone as he leaped off his chair, his shaky fingers skimming over his phone to call someone. And rapid fire talks were exchanged in the Italian language between them heatedly, which Noah failed to understand. Though he knew, he obviously was informing everyone about the situation, and to save the people against the awaiting calamity.

Noah surveyed the spacious central hall of the mansion, most of the guests either seemed wasted or immersing themselves in the party to pay attention to anything at all except them.
He could feel fear crawling through his whole body as his adrenal gland shot up adrenaline like a projectile ball popping out of a cannon. There was no mention in the story of blowing up Angelo's house or anyone. He wouldn't expect Angelo's story to contain daily events like a personal diary. However, something as important as it shouldn't be camouflaged, particularly, when it's not the story at all.
Perhaps, he was wrong, the guy was not carrying any bomb or weapon. He was too cold, and just wearing the extra layers of clothes under his overcoat.

Hell! If everything currently in life is as smooth as ABC, He thought ironically as he sprang up from his chair.

"What are you going to do?" Augustus asked him as his heels turned halfway toward the guy. "You also need to get out of here." The sound rushing from his vocal cords were screeched and forlorn, which Noah didn't miss.

"Inform Angelo. I'll keep him busy if he is real shit," he said. And his feet trodding over to the overcoat guy before Augustus could lunge forward to stop him from jumping in the peril.

Noah looked at the guy, whose eyes were seeking out something or someone.

"Hey, Who are you? Can I help you?" Noah asked him. He was apathetic as he replied to him. "I am looking for Angelo Moretti."

"He is busy with something.. What business do you have with him anyway, I can tell him?" He asked. The guy looked past over his shoulder. He as well watched Angelo's men carefully weeding the people out from the rear door.

"Angelo is busy. If you have anything important I will tell him..," Noah said, grabbing his attention and he stared back at him and he quickly added to convince him, "I am close to him."

"Are you his whore?" he narrowed his eyes as he made that statement rather than asking a query.

"Hey, you know, I can be his assistant or his relative," Noah said in his defense as he took some offense in the statement.

"Are you?"

"No."

"Don't waste my time when I am not interested in talking to you, I want to meet Angelo..." The overcoat guy could not finish that in a flash Noah thrashed his fist into his nose, almost striking him down as he stumbled back, but unfortunately, he couldn't strike down the guy.

He held his nose in pain, and tears welled up in the corner of his eyes, a few mother, and sister's curse words thundered. Noah did not have the time to point out to him that he had neither of them. He was stunned when the wide open coat revealed he was wearing a vest, carrying bombs. fuck! He was right.

In split seconds, the overcoat guy extracted his gun with one hand and nudged it into his stomach as he held his nose with the other hand.

The cold bolted down Noah's back. And his goosebumps had goosebumps at this point.

"Are you stupid?" He barked. Noah wanted to strike him down and checked what he was hiding. And he was hiding more than he'd imagined.

"Who sent you here?" he asked, but he could guess, but he wanted to know in words since he'd the time. The guy wanted to see Angelo meant, he wanted to explode Angelo with himself.