Chapter 19

Tate

*TRIGGER WARNINGS* 

"Ivy, I don't know about this outfit." I look down at the pink lace corset dress I'm wearing, frowning in disapproval. I've had this thing in my closet ever since I practically met Ivy, and never brought it out to see the light of day due to thinking I can't pull it off whatsoever.
"Girl, wear it, Wyatt will be ripping it off you by the end of the night." I gasp with laughter looking at her through my phone screen.
"Excuse me, but not all of us have the body of a goddess."
She rolls her eyes at me "Yes you do! Please wear it Tate. I'm channelling my single romantic energy into you." Shaking my head I reply
"Well... there's a way to solve that. Wait till you come here and meet Kylo, then all your single problems will be gone." Ivy has always had a streak of confidence and she's never let herself fall from it. She's always been my daring and do it for the plot kind of friend. She can make any decision before blinking and never go back on it. Hence I think her and Kylo would get along just really well. I called her about 2 hours ago to help me decide on what to wear and somehow out of all the simple dresses we kept coming back to this one. I never had another girl's opinion apart from my mom's and I'm glad I dragged my entire wardrobe with me to my grandparents because I don't feel like getting a lecture about my styling choices every time I'm about to leave the house from my Dad.
I'm going to take my long faux coat with me being that it is cold but more so to hide the entire dress if I feel it's too much or overdressed at the party.

There's a knock on the door cutting off my excuses in my mind, I go to answer seeing it's Wyatt. His lust filled eyes are looking me up and down, the look he gives me washes away all anxiety about my outfit. Then he locks onto me with his eyes.

"Damn T, maybe we should skip the party." I laugh as he steps inside, latching onto my waist leaning down to kiss me. Ivy's voice perks up from my phone, forgetting that I'm still on a video call with her.
"I told you he'd like the dress!" Wyatt pauses mid kiss and looks past me trying to find where Ivy's voice is coming from noticing my phone perched up against the fruit bowl. He sees my phone and walks over and takes it in his hands "Hello Ivy, nice to meet you, thank you for making her wear this dress, I owe you one"
I completely forgot they haven't met at all.

"Anything for my girl to have a good night." I quickly go into my room to grab my coat and bag, leaving the two to talk on the phone. I do a quick hair and make-up check in the mirror before turning the bedroom light off. I hear Wyatt's laughter get louder walking closer down the hallway, chuckling at something Ivy's saying, I can't make out what they're talking about but it's nice to know she approves, she wouldn't talk to him if she didn't. He hands me back my phone as we meet in the hallway.

"She said she had to go but wants us to have a good night and make her an aunt."
"Oh god"

I look up at Wyatt with embarrassment, but his eyes staring into mine makes it disappear.

"Where are you grandparents by the way?"

"Out of town for the weekend, gone to a concert or festival upstate"

He nods.

"So we could ditch the party and stay here." I did not get this dressed up and accept wearing this dress for Wyatt to get us to stay in. Even though I'd really love to.

"No, you are not becoming the guy that ditches the boys for a girl." He kisses me, gently not wanting to mess up my makeup. I wipe the lipgloss from his lips with my thumb.

"You're not any girl, you're my girl and I love my boys, but I'd ditch those boys any day for you." His words grab me in my chest sending nothing but butterflies through me. He makes me feel so many different emotions at once. If he wants us to stay, his plan is working because I'm very tempted. But I take my gaze away from his, releasing the tension of the temptations, grab the rest of my things I need for the night, putting them in my overnight bag I'm taking to his place. He takes the bag, gives me a quick kiss on the lips and we walk out the door.