2. Preparation

Sam almost immediately started driving toward his favorite Little Supply store. The dinner didn't take long, so he was out of their house by about 7:00, mostly because a certain little guy fell asleep.

Samuel has to rely on his instincts because he quickly realizes that he has absolutely no idea as to what Caleb likes.

Shopping for Charlie was so easy, all he had to grab was things that were brightly colored or something with a Disney character on it.

But, by the looks of Caleb's room, that won't really be an option.

Caleb had kept his room very organized. It slightly surprised Sam when he was pulled in. Caleb had almost everything labeled, neatly folded, and set almost perfectly in its spot. Even his bed looked like it was made with a ruler. The only things that Sam knew about Caleb were that he liked soccer, outer space, and neutrals. I mean, the most colorful thing that was in his room was a navy blue space-themed comforter. But even still, those are all just assumptions based on how his room looked!

As he pulled up to the store, he hoped that he could find something that Caleb would enjoy looking at. 

Sam has gone to Little Lifestyle alone since he was freshly classified. However, (for obvious reasons) he hasn't visited in a while. Sam is very sure that the people who worked in L.L. knew about what happened to his family, as they sent multiple letters to him addressing their condolences. 

With a quick sigh, he trudges into the shop.

"Hi! Welcome to Little Life-" The woman pauses as she looks at Samuel "Sam?"

"Hey, Amanda" Sam gives her a small smile "I need to pick up some things. They assigned me someone."

The shock quickly washes off of her face as she returns an albeit, wary smile. "Do you have any idea of what she would want? I'm sure I've got something that sh-"

Sam quickly interrupts, "They assigned me a boy..." he takes a deep breath, "He's the sweetest, really, but he's very reserved."

"Oh!" Amanda's mouth is left agape for a few seconds, "Well, I'm sure I have something for him, then. Do you have any idea about what he likes?"

"I'm pretty sure he likes space, and maybe soccer? His room is mostly space themed... if any." Sam sighs "I have no other ideas."

"Well, it's a start. Luckily for you, I have an entire space section. Follow me."

As he trails behind Amanda, Sam can't help but feel his heartache when they walk away from the multiple Disney princess sections.

Both Sam and Amanda find things that might be appealing to Caleb. Amanda urges Samuel to talk to her about the little as an awkward silence threatens to occur. 

Sam chatters on about Caleb and how he already seems so attached to him as they quickly pile things into the cart.

"Alright, so now that we've gotten the big stuff let's head on to the disposable items." Amanda starts stepping away from the space section. Sam quickly follows and the pair walk towards the shelves closer to the front of the shop. "So, we're thinking of some more basic items? Like, no designs?"

"Yep, definitely. He would one-hundred percent be upset with me if I dared to give him a paci with anything on it."

"Makes sense, when he gets more warmed up to his headspace bring him by and we can get him some more personalized items" 

"We'll do that... it might take a while though."

"Ah, don't you worry about anything? I don't plan to close down any time soon." Amanda giggles as she reaches for the most plain set of pacis that she carries. "About what size do you think he is? We need to figure out what size he'll need for diap-"