402. Mortal vs Immortal

Ben's battle against Zeref finally starts and Ben is the one who starts it. He doesn't plan to play around with Zeref while Acnologia is close. Those Spriggans don't have the ability to defeat Acnologia and he needs to save his energy to fight that thing.

So he attacks Zeref immediately using full speed to close their distance. He punches Zeref with a lightspeed punch that can't be dodged by the Dark Mage. Zeref gets punched in the face and flung very fast to the mountain behind.

He crashes onto many trees before crashing onto the mountain and coughs a lot of blood as his face becomes bloody too. The spot where he crashed gets destroyed and forms a big crater. Ben was using his magic to enhance his already powerful punch, so the effect is no joke.

Zeref is actually shocked by Ben's punching power because he never thought it would be this strong. Furthermore, he can feel his immortality doesn't make any effect. Even if it's slow, he always felt himself recover whenever he was injured, but now that sensation has gone.

"Surprised?" asks Ben who suddenly appears in front of the shocked Zeref.

"No need to be surprised. I am a God Slayer, which means I have the ability to slay Gods. You are cursed by a God, but my power can negate that curse. That means you are just a normal human who can die right now. Aren't you happy?" asks Ben while grinning widely.

Zeref becomes very serious after he heard that. He has thought of this possibility, but the chance of his curse being negated by even a God Slayer is small. Ankhseram is a high-level God, a very powerful one who controls life & death, so other Gods' power should not work against him.

Unless that God has a higher level than Ankhseram who is feared even by other Gods. But there aren't many Gods who are known by humans. Even Zeref didn't know there was a Sun God until Ben learned Sun God Slayer Magic.

Though he is wrong about something here. Ben found out that there was no need for a God's existence for someone to create a God Slayer Magic. Sun God might not exist and Ben would still be able to create his Sun God Slayer Magic because he knew the concept of that magic.

Besides, Gods in this world are just magical beings with high-level magic and are worshipped by people. They are also living being here, just like humans, but they are way more powerful. There are some weak Gods though, making them more similar to people.

It is possible for humans to learn non-exist God's magic. They just need to know God's magic concepts and characteristics. Even if there is no such God, humans still can make a God Slayer Magic using their knowledge.

But Ben knows the possibility of a Sun God's existence is high because there were a Sun Demon and a Sun Dragon. Just because there was no known record about the Sun God doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Although Ben doesn't care about that because he just needs to be powerful enough.

That's also one fact that Zeref doesn't know. No matter how high a God's level is, a God Slayer can still counter God's magic with God Slayer Magic. It's just the damage that will be different, just like how it is with Dragon Slayers.

"I never thought your God Slayer Magic will affect an already casted curse. It feels like you are hacking the system," says Zeref.

"Well, I am. That curse is still a God's power and it resides in your body. So you are partially a God in this sense. That's why your body will be damaged by God Slayer Magic," says Ben while cracking his fingers and grinning.

"Seems like I can't prolong this," says Zeref very seriously before teleporting to an unknown place.

Ben stays calm and scans the whole area to find Zeref's magic power. He finds it very fast, but then he is surprised when he senses Zeref's magic power increases at an incredible rate. Still, Ben is grinning because this means things will be more interesting.