35

My head is spinning and I feel like I have no control of my actions anymore

I hear screaming in one ear and music in the other. I have to pee and this corset is so damn uncomfortable. Props to the Victorian Women.

"Your turn, Lovey." My thoughts are cut off by Harper shoving the ping-pong balls in my hand.

I nod and make the last cup, making our team win. They surround me with high-fives and praises making me grin.

Before leaving the table, I drink the last few cups of beer, scrunching my face at the taste.

I hate the taste of alcohol, I just love how it makes me feel.

"I want to go for a swim," I think I say. I can't tell anymore. It feels like my lips are moving on my own.

"Later, let's go inside, okay? I want you to drink something," Elijah grabs my hand and guides me inside.

I have no idea what's happening. The room is spinning but feels like it's in slow motion at the exact same time. Consuming a lot of alcohol on an empty stomach was not a good idea.

This is what I wanted though. A guy walks past me with a tray of shot glasses, I take two in my hand and down it as I continue being dragged.

"Lavender, give that to me," Elijah stops to grab the second glass out of my hands before I can take it.

"Why? You wanna drink it?" I giggle, leaning towards him.

"No, it's because your face is flushed and your pupils are very dilated. You don't need any more alcohol," he lectures.

"Do not tell me what to do." I grab the glass out of his hands and pour it down my throat.

Elijah sighs making me laugh at him. "You're so angry. Why are you so angry?"

"Because you're not listening, love. I'm just looking out for you. I'm trying to be as gentle as possible but right now I'm about to throw you over my shoulder and drive you home myself."

I could've sworn he called me love. But maybe he called me Lav. Though, he never calls me Lav. I like love.

"Yes, Mr. Know-It-All," I mock him. He glares at me before handing me a drink.

"There you go, stop being so uptight," I slur before I drink whatever he handed me. "Ew! It's spicy!"

"It's Sprite, you big baby. Drink it all."

I roll my eyes and chug the soda. I wipe my mouth and show him a wide smile.

"Thank you, now go sit on the couch while I get you water. Stay there. I'm serious or I will drag your ass home. Do you understand?"

I bite my bottom lip to hide a smile.

"Do you understand?" Elijah repeats in a stern tone.

I eagerly nod and go sit on the couch. His tone gave me butterflies everywhere.