I. Broken Bracelet

Chapter 1,
    Broken Bracelet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I still don't see why I should be helping you, if you broke Leia's bracelet!" Tikki whisper shouted as she looked through the sand for some shiny new pearls to replace the ones on the broken bracelet.

  "Cause she will drown me if I do not fix it!" Mi'kayah responded as she began to move to the water, Tikki rolled her eyes and sighed, biting her tongue.

  Tikki and Mi'kayah weren't the daughters of the Tsahik, Ronal, but of Ronal's best friend, Saraiyah. It was sheer luck that the two girls became best friends with Ronal's only daughter, Tsireya, who was named after Saraiyah. How the two girls ended up in this position was because Mi'kayah was sneaking back into her marui when her own bracelet got caught with the pearly bracelet that hung near the flap of the marui. Tikki got strung along because the sound of the pearls woke her up.

 "Mi'kayah? Tikki?" A voice called out, a voice the two girls knew all too well.

  Tsireya hadn't been able to sleep, so she decided she would also sneak out and go for a walk around the village, however she stumbled upon her best friends instead.

 "What is-"

"No time to explain, come and help us search for pearls." Mi'kayah interrupted the girl, as she stuck her hand into the water, grabbing three white pearls.

  Instead of pushing onto the subject, Tsireya nodded her head and quickly joined the two girls in finding pearls. It was past eclipse when Mi'kayah had gotten to the marui, if her mother was awake she would surely be skinned alive for staying past curfew, knowing how dangerous it was to be out there alone. 

 "We have gathered ten pearls, will you explain to me what has happened?" Tsireya finally asked as she handed Mi'kayah four pearls.

 "I was out past eclipse and had accidentally snapped Leia's bracelet in half. Please Reya, tell me you can fix it?" Mi'kayah pleaded as her ears flattened, she was terrified to see her sister's heart broken face in the morning.

  "Of course I can fix it Kayah, I shall bring it in the morning." Tsireya answered as she grabbed the string and pearls.

  That was their friendship, the three girls could always count on one another when they screwed up. After exchanging goodbyes, the Ewan'itan sisters walked to their marui, afraid to find their mother awake and waiting for them. 

  "We should spend the night with Rala, if mom is awake, we will be meeting with Eywa." Tikki suggested as she turned around from the flap and began to walk away.

  "No way, mom will skin us!" Mi'kayah responded as she grabbed her sister by her forearm, they knew that if they stood at another person's marui without notifying their mother would get them into more trouble.

  Tikki huffed as she looked at her older sister, they both needed to build up courage to enter the small hut. Their mother, Saraiyah is a very strong and beautiful woman, and although she was calm with the things her daughters would do and wanted to do, she cared for their safety. 

"Both of you better get inside, now or I will skin you!" Saraiyah hissed from inside the marui, Mi'kayah and Tikki exchanged a terrified look as their tails went between their legs.

  If they aren't meeting Eywa tonight then they sure will be meeting with consequences in the morning.

  "This is your fault, you skxawng!" Tikki hissed at her older sister before walking into the marui.

 Mi'kayah took a deep breath and entered the hut, whatever freedom she had hours before eclipse were surely revoked now, and she has nobody to blame but herself.