1. Anything for Pizza!

Aarushi

"Aarushi get up this instant if you don't want Mumma to come here and lecture you for an hour!" someone yelled pulling my duvet. I just pressed the pillow to my ear growling. 

"Aaru get up!" they shook me a little and this time I gave up trying to sleep and sat straight on my bed pouting.

"What bhai? Can't I sleep peacefully on Sundays too?" I whined like a kid earning a chuckle from my brother. 

"Kabir, is the highness up or not?" we heard our mother India yell from the kitchen and I ran into the bathroom without wasting a second. 

"She is getting ready maa!" My brother yelled back. I got ready and went down. My dad is having breakfast in a hurry, and my mother is serving him. I looked around not finding my elder brother Shikar whom I didn't see yesterday night either. Kabir bhai came and took his seat.

"Bhai! Where is Shikar Bhai?" I whispered to him as I couldn't make any noise while eating and I was absolutely not in the mood to listen to my mom's lecture till lunchtime.

"Rajmatha got a heart attack yesterday evening and bhai is in hospital looking after her case," He replied back in a whisper. Shikar Bhai is a cardiologist and Kabir Bhai is an architect.  

We had our breakfast silently and then I left for my room. My final exams start in a week and I have many portions to complete. I am a final-year fashion design student. 

I opened my books and started reading but before I could complete even 10 pages my mom called me down.

"Aarushi! Come here!" she yelled from the kitchen. I got up from my place and went down before she started her lecture again.

"Go and give this to Shikar. He didn't have anything from yesterday. He might be tired!" She said handing a bag to me.

"Why don't you go mumma? I have my exams coming up!" I tried to reason.

"You don't need to study to do a tailor job! As usual, your father is paying lakhs to make his daughter a tailor." My grandmother replied coming to the kitchen. Just a great way to ruin my day. I don't want to explain my course as I am tired of explaining her and my mother who is equally pissed with my choice of degree. I got habituated to their taunts in these 5 years of my course. Even if I want to be a tailor what's wrong with that? Every profession should be respected equally.

I took the bag and rushed out before they further insult my passion. I went back to my room and changed my dress before taking my mom's car keys and heading towards the hospital.

 I went back to my room and changed my dress before taking my mom's car keys and heading towards the hospital

I went to the hospital and saw many guards standing there. Might be here for the Royal family. I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards my brothers' cabin. I knocked twice and entered after hearing a faint come in.

"Good morning Dr.Shikar! The most talented fashion designer Aarushi Goyal at your service!" I made my dramatic entry not noticing the people sitting there with my brother who are his subordinates.

"Aaru what are you doing here? You came here for preparation holidays not to roam around!" Here comes my responsible elder brother.

"According to the great Mrs. Suvarna Goyal and very great Mrs. Lalitha Goyal(Grandma), my tailoring profession doesn't need much preparation. So, here I am doing the delivery job for my sweet brother!" I said forwarding the bag to him. He chuckled and took the bag from me.

"And what service charges are you going to impose on me?" He asked smirking at me with an amused expression. Smart!

"A grilled sandwich and chicken pizza while coming home without lectures!" I said closing my eyes expecting him to get into his doctor mode and lecture me about eating healthy and all.

"Okay!" He replied making me open both my eyes and mouth like a fool in front of the people standing there. 

Let's go home before you embarrass yourself further you idiot!

My subconscious mocked me. And it is one of those rarest occasions where I actually listened to it and ran from there. I heard a few chuckles on my way but I don't want to look back now.

I reached home and started my preparation again. Thankfully, no one disturbed me after that and I completed a few portions of my syllabus. I had my lunch in my room and continued studying further.

At night I heard a knock on my door. It was Kabir bhai. He came in and sat on the bean bag. I looked at him asking what and he gestured for me to come and have dinner. I freshened up and we both walked to the dining room. 

Papa and Shikar bhai are nowhere to be found. Mumma and Dadi are already having their dinner. The calling bell went off and I dashed to the door expecting Dad or Shikar bhai but it was a delivery boy. He gave me the covers and walked away.

My phone went off as soon as he walked away and it was Shikar bhai. I answered it and locked the door while talking to him. He ordered food delivery for me as he needs to stay back till midnight. 

"Who was that?" Dadi asked with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Delivery boy Dadi. Shikar bhai ordered food for me and Kabir bhai," I said showing her the packets in my hand.

"How many times did I warn you people to not eat that junk?..." My mom started with her infamous lecture again. I had a great urge to roll my eyes at her but controlled myself with greater difficulty. 

"Now as you already bought them have them." She finally declared after lecturing me about being responsible for half an hour. I nodded my head like an obedient child and went to my room followed by Kabir bhai.

"Are you sad?" He asked cupping my face. I know my brothers love me and care for me but they can't argue with my mom for me, right? Well, they did a few times, and every time it ended up with my mom throwing tantrums about how no one values her, and she starts with her tears. So, I asked my brothers not to get into an argument with her for every small thing. They do get involved a few times to support me though.

"Anything for Pizza!" I shrieked and we started hobbling our food like we hadn't had food for months.

After eating Kabir bhai kissed my forehead and went out after wishing me good night. I fell into a deep slumber as soon as I closed my eyes.

Avyaan

I asked my PA to reschedule all my meetings for two days as Dadi Sa had a heart attack and Shikar suggested it would be better if she stayed under observation for the time being. 

I got up from my place, where I was sitting for the last 2 hours, and stretched my limbs a little before I walked out of the VVIP ward where Dadi sa currently is. As I walked through the corridors and out of the building, I saw a girl entering into the hospital.

Is it her or am I imagining things due to lack of sleep?

As I tried to contemplate if it was real or an imagination, she walked past me and her fragrance created a spell around me. She still smells the same. It has been 4 years since I saw her physically. We never had any brief interactions or spoke much after I turned 15 and she turned 11 but there my eyes never left her whenever she was around and hers found mine every few minutes and she shies away after a few seconds of eye-lock. My heart beats erratically but I also feel at peace when she is around. 

Once my trance broke, I followed her like I was in some trance, and she made her dramatic entry into her brother's cabin making me chuckle at her. She is the one who can make me smile and laugh with little to no effort while people die to get a reaction from me.

I got a call from Papa before I could meet her and I had to leave for the Palace.

I will meet you soon, Aashi!

I said to myself as I drove through the streets to reach my palace where a problem was waiting for me to attend.