0̶0̶1̶

𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘢

𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘢 ...
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘺𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"today is the day!" desiree thought, smiling at herself in her mirror. she was getting out.. finally.

3 years, 6 months and 8 days...

"I c-c-an can do it." she lowly stuttered, shaking out the word.

she huffed, placing her hands on the small dresser below the mirror. anxiety rushed through her body at the thought of seeing actual people again. her uncle, cousins, and his wife.

a fresh start.

she was a new person now. she wasn't sure if it was for better or worse though.

her room door slowly unlocked, and the sound made her jump. she quickly corrected her stance standing straight up as she waited for the door to open and reveal who was behind it entirely.

"mrs. delani?" dr. micki smiled as she entered the room.

"h-hi," desiree said lowly, looking at the ground. she hated dr. micki, but her fear that accumulated over the years filled that void way more than any anger could.

"today is the big day are you excited?" dr. micki said, making her way closer to desiree. she squatted a little lowering her 5'8 height to desiree's 5'4 frame.

"y-yes, dr. m-micki." desiree said lowly, still not picking up her head. she felt nothing at this moment but fear, honestly. being so close in her proximity after only seeing her through a glass in the past three years was really taking a toll.

this was the first time she had ever been in experience with dr. micki in the flesh and on her last day. everyone knows it was no secret that at South Detain and Retrain Center, desiree was dr. micki's favorite.

she broke desiree or how they say it detained and retrained her. she wasn't desiree anymore she was delani here, only called by her middle name never her first.

"well delani I hope over the past three years you learned something. your 18 now and no longer of age to be here. don't think about reverting to your old habits tho that person you were is long dead and looking for the dead gets you killed. enjoy what little life you have left delani you better hope we never meet again." she said nonchalantly as she left the room.

a nurse holding a small white duffle bag entered with a mug on his face. "uhh delani?" he read from a piece of paper.

she looked up finally looking at the brownskin man who looked irritated.

"y-ye-yes sir" she choked out looking down at his shoes. he was wearing some standard non slip shoes that she's seen over a million times.

"can you come with me yo folks outside waiting I think." he said turning around slowly before walking out.