• Chapter I •

Chapter One

As I was getting ready for the team bonfire with Molly and Sunny, I get a call from Luke and Rutger

"We got your guy's chicken. Mol I forgot what sauce you wanted so I just got you everything they had." Rutger tells us.

"Thanks Rut. I couldn't figure out which one I wanted so I really appreciate it." She puts her mascara wand back in the tube.

"Okay we'll see you guys in a few minutes."

"Alright bye Rut." I say and hang up on him.

"Molly you know there's going to be a pool and waterproof mascara barely ever works." Sunny says as she finishes up my first braid and starts on the second one.

"At least it's a house. Somebody's gotta have something. Plus, I really don't care if I look like a raccoon. It's all gonna be family and teammates." She rolls her eyes.

"Hey some of them are hot, okay!" Sunny shouts.

"Yeah okay Luke lover." I quietly say.

"Don't even Mrs. McGroarty." Sunny slaps the back of my head.

"Hey! I don't like him like that!" I say and elbow her knee. She just chuckles and ties up the bottom of my braid.

The guys, as in Rutger, Ethan, Luke, and Luca walk in.

"When did you pick those two bozos up?" Sunny asks. Well, she yells.

"We picked up Luca, and Ethan called us to pick him up from the store." Luke told us, then walks over to Sunny and kisses her cheek. He sits down on my light pink fluffy chair, pulling her down with him.

"Don't flop down on that chair Mark already broke it because he stood on it." I scold him.

"You guys are so gross." Rutger flops on my bed. I bring the bowl of popcorn over to him and sit down on the bed next to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me on top of him. I lay my head on his shoulder and bring my arm to his torso.

I dig my fingers into his sides snd he squirms around underneath me and moves him arms to get me back. My foot gets pulled and I wind up on the floor with Ethan holding my ankle. Mark randomly appeared from the bathroom laughing.

"You're one to talk." Ethan rolls him eyes.

"Awwe is someone jealous?" Mark kept laughing, kissing Ethan's cheek for a few seconds and making exaggerated kissing sounds, making everyone laugh. I stand up and go into my closet smiling. I grab a pair of leggings and a random hoodie, not knowing who's it is, because I have everyone's in here. One of Sunny's, Molly's, Ethan's, Mark's, even Owen Power's, which I still have to give back to him.

I walk out of the closet with a hoodie on and toss one to Mark, and one to Rutger, since they didn't have one on. I sit down and pull my slipper socks on over my regular socks. My phone dings from the family group chat. It was mom.

__________________________________

Employees of the Month
__________________________________

Egg Giver🙊
What time are we
supposed to be there?
5:53 pm

Like around 6:30

Stupid🐮
I thought it was 6:15

No stupid it's 6:30

Yeah it's 6:30 - Rutger
__________________________________

"Why are you always on her side?" Ethan asks.

"Because she's usually right, Eddy. Here, Sunny what time do we have to be at Nolan's house for the bonfire?"

"6:30."

"See I told you!" I shout.

"Okay it's time to go. Like, right now so that we can figure out the car situation." Molly tells everyone. I grab my Birks and everybody shuffles out of my room.

"Should we just take one car? I'm okay on a lap or in the trunk." I say.

"Yeah I mean it'll probably be easier." Mark replies.

"I call shotgun!" Luca yells and sprints to the front door of the car. Everybody else piles in, with Mark driving, Luca in the front seat, Molly on the driver's side, with sunny on her lap, Ethan in the middle, and Luke on the passenger side. I open the trunk and climb in, with Rutger trailing close behind me. Once we're both in, he closes the trunk and we position our selves where I'm sitting in between his legs and he's leaning on the side of the car.

He places his hand on my thigh as he scrolls through his phone, and for whatever reason, this time, it gives me a tingly feeling in my stomach. I pull out my phone and scroll through TikTok. After a few minutes, an edit of Ethan comes up and I send it to him. Then, an edit of Rutger comes up and he chuckles, reaches his hand to my phone, and double taps the screen.

"Fuck, why would you do that?" I elbow his ribcage. He just laughs.

"You look tired, Mare. Go to sleep. We have a good 20 minutes." His fingers lightly trace shapes on my arms until I'm drifting off, almost asleep.

Word Count: 848

This is only chapter one and look where we are already. Hope y'all liked it! Remember to drink water, eat enough food, and stay healthy my loves!

-keira