♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧♛

(Jameson's POV)

I hate it. Why would she go alone into the woods with that jerk. Countless thing could happen.

Why do I even care?

I don't care.
I do care.
I don't care.

But the truth is I do.

Ever since I walked past her that day I came out of the principals office. And I don't know if I like it. This feeling- whatever it is - is new to me.

I've never felt my stomach twist at the sight of seeing any girl with other guys. Never felt so much anger seeing Peter even so much a look at her. I've never felt so protective of someone, never so much as even cared.

It's not who I am. Not who I was.

I'm cold, I wear a mask and I ignore almost everyone. I'm sick of the attention, the girls especially. I'm sick of the fear I see in peoples eyes when they look at me.

You're not your brother.

I remind myself every. Single. Day. My older brother, Zack, is not someone you want to meet. If people think I'm ruthless...

My brother isn't exactly what you would call the brotherly type. He's cruel, selfish and will do anything to get what he wants and will go to unthinkable measures to get what he wants. I feel sick at the thought of him.

My father isn't much better.

I flex my back at the thought, feeling the thick scar that goes down my back, from my shoulder to my waist.

My 12th birthday present.

But this is exactly why I didn't want my friends to agree to come to the palace with me. The guys have been there before countless times, breaking me out in the middle of the night when I needed to escape, sneaking them in, dinners, parties and the list goes on.

I'm scared to bring her.

Clara.

My chest tightens as I think about it. The guys are used to my parents and my brother, but I'm nervous about Clara meeting them. I want to keep her away from all of this.

I want to keep her safe.

Well you're doing well so far considering she's off in the woods probably being murdered.

Okay that's it.

I make my way to Xavier, my oldest friend. We met when we were six and have been inseparable ever since. I smile at the memory of when we first met. Xavier was stuck in a tree and I, after hours of trying, helped him down. Typical Xavier.

"Hey man! Where's Clara?" Xavier looks around me, lifting my arms and walking in a full on circle around me as if she was hiding.

What the hell.

"She's not there you idiot." I roll my eyes at his poor humour.

I will never admit that I do actually find it funny.

"Just checking," he grins before he quickly sobers up and goes all serious. "Okay but seriously. Where is she?"

"That's exactly the problem. She went off into the woods with that thing."

"Jamie. I love you bro but you gotta be more specific. I am about two seconds away from freaking the hell out."

A small smile pulls at my lips. I love how much the guys get on with her, it's like we've known her for years.

"Lewis." His name tastes like bile on my tongue.

"Lewis? LEWIS? As in LEWIS LEWIS?"

"Do you know him?" My heart starts pounding in my chest. Xavier looks frantic as he turns and calls to Grayson to gesture him over.