Chapter 18

Belle Fawn

-

-

The sound echoed throughout the room leaving me hoping it didn't fall beyond these walls. My hand itched and her face burned, discoloration already forming around her skin. Inside I'd been fueled by the rage that was her apology. She not only brought up such a nasty time in my life but, she brought up something much deeper within myself. A personality I had since banished from living any further.

That girl that took so much shit she should be given an award for it. But she didn't, instead she couldn't stand up for herself and took what was given. She allowed mental abuse for years and validated that for a long time within herself. In truth she never deserved any of it, she deserved much more.

I deserved much more.

Mads stood in front of me in awe at the slap that just shocked her in waves. Her eyes had grew wider each passing second, the hair I'd once compared to my own sticking to the side of her face. The world sort of stopped, the cinematic full circle of everything that bundled up finally exploding somewhere. I'd have guessed I would show this violence to Liam, but the soul surprises people. I wouldn't fully throw out the idea of giving one of these to him in the future though.

"I- I-" she stammered multiple times before taking a shaky breath in, "I know how awful I was to you a-and I'm so so sorry Belle, I realize how-"

She never finished after that, her hand slowly moved up to touch the tender skin. Upon her porcelain skin, it had reddened lightly. A part of me felt guilty for doing such a haste thing but, I couldn't turn back time now. It was no better than the whips to the heart she gave me, purposely trying to hurt me countless times.

I know that her coming to me to apologize had been her mature way of settling us. But I also know that our history wasn't good. She doesn't deserve my kindness, and after this maybe I've sank that ship for good. It hadn't been my intention walking into this room but, it happened.

"I-I guess I deserve that." she brushed the hair from her face, not meeting my eyes anymore.

I simply shrugged, "No one should, but people do bad things," I started, "Like you did, like Liam did." I finished, her mere presence reminding me of the whole summer.

She cleared her throat, shifting on her feet, "I know, I-I also know that you didn't deserve any of it," she inhaled deeply, "When I first saw you, I was so-" she cut herself off before shaking her head, "I was so jealous."

The words surprised me more than the action I committed, "Jealous of what?"

Her lips formed a weak smile, "Belle, you had everything I could ever want, your parents were these big corporate people, the admiration you got," she blew a breathe from her nose, "Not only from Liam but, Nathan too," her laugh forced my heart to plummet, "I mean, fuck they adored you."