CHAPTER 5

It was lunchtime, I still only have 2 classes and I'm done for the day. Today I was very distracted, I was constantly thinking about this guy I bumped into in the morning.

but it doesn't matter, I may never see him again, I think I care too much.

I went to my locker I put down my notebooks and I went to the cafeteria.

when I walked in I noticed that everyone was sitting in groups. The cheerleaders sat together, the football team together, the nerds together and the mean girls together, i had passed by the mean girls and i could not prevent me from listening to their conversations, yes I'm curious I think you've already noticed, they were talking about the "squad", the group of 4 boys, she mentioned the a name a guy named Jason.

Ella told me who they were, there was Jeremiah Davis, mike Johnson, Jake brook and the meanest of them Jason miller, I wonder why she was talking about him maybe they knew each other but from what Ella told me, I doubt that girl is telling the truth.

I stand in line to buy a sandwich when at some point someone taps my shoulder and shouts in my ear.

I screamed in terror that the whole cafeteria was looking at me, I blushed, then I noticed that it was Ella who was screaming in my ear a second ago.

Angry I shout: "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM???? why don't you stop scaring me?? if at the end of the day I still haven't fainted I wouldn't understand."

she replied with a sorry voice: "I'm sorry I couldn't help but scare you after your reaction this morning." she smiled.

"I forgive you but this is the last time." I say.

We buy our sandwiches and find an empty place to sit.

We have started talking when the cafeteria doors open and 4 boys enter the room. Something tells me it's "the squad".

Ella turns around and her jaw dropped, she spent an hour telling me how she was in love with Jeremiah Davis, he just walked into the cafeteria and he's cute, but not my type. After him enters a tall boy with blond hair and blue and green eyes, Ella tells me it's Jake brook, he didn't look like Jeremiah at all, Jeremiah had brown hair and blue eyes they are the definition of opposite. Then we have mike Johnson he had curly brown hair and gray eyes, he wasn't bad. In the end, a boy with dark black hair and dark green eyes that looked like they were black walked in.

When suddenly I remember the boy from this morning who looked a lot like him.

No it's not possible, everything is clear now, the guy I bumped into was JASON MILLER.

Me who wanted at all costs to stay away from problems, I have just attracted myself to them.

I was trying to get out of the cafeteria without anyone noticing me, if Jason and I made eye contact I would be dead. I stood up to leave when Ella asked me where I was going.

"Where are you going???" she said.

I try to lie an excuse but nothing comes to me.

"uh I uh go to the bathroom". I say oddly.

She looks at me confused and tells me to hurry.

On my way to leave I noticed that the squad was sitting right next to the door, I tried to go unnoticed but Jason turns his head and our eyes meet. I am at the end of my life.

We look at each other for 10 seconds and then I leave the cafeteria.

I was relieved until I heard the sound of shoes walking towards me, I turned around and saw the squad arrive.