15| palms mall

Avery

I walked through our front door, immediately seeing my mom and Greg in the living room. I walked over to them seeing them watch a show on the huge tv over the fireplace.

"Hey guys we're home" I greeted as I plopped down on the couch next to my mom. Easton had already made the mad dash to the kitchen for his "after school snack" that could pass off as a meal.

"Hi sweetie, how was school" My mom asked.

"It was good, I actually have something to ask you" Greg paused the tv, turning to face me as well.

"So there's this trip coming up for school and some of my friends were going, I was wondering If I could too?" I gave her the information.

"Oh yeah, Easton just brought that up to me actually. I was going to ask your mother if you we're going too!" Greg spoke up.

"Easton's going? That great, of course you go Avery!" She exclaimed.

"Great! Thanks guys, sorry I have to go call Lydia" I squealed, jumping off the couch and running up to my room.

"Lydia?" They both turned to each other confused.

I threw my bag down on my floor and reached for my phone. Scrolling through my contacts, I clicked on my new friend and called.

"Hey Avery, whats up?" Lydia answered.

"Hi, so I just talked to my mom and she's letting me go!" I laid on the good news.

"Really? That's awesome! We can go shopping now" I heard the smirk from behind the phone.

"Of course, I can pick you up in 30 minutes?" I suggested, walked to my closet with my phone to my ear.

"Oh thank god. I still can't drive" She admitted bursting out laughing, making me join in. "See you soon"

"Bye" I clicked my phone off and began scouring for an outfit.

My eyes landed on a long white skirt, I tried it on and instantly loved it. I decided to wear it with a red tube top and sandals, grabbing a small bag.

I threw in my phone, wallet, and car keys

I threw in my phone, wallet, and car keys. Adding anything else I needed, I was back downstairs saying my goodbyes.

Going out to my car I typed in the address she had given me before pulling out of the driveway. I lowered the windows letting the near summer air in and playing my favorite songs on the radio.

A short 10 minute car ride later and I was outside. I sent her a text and a couple of minutes later I watched her curly hair bounce as she tan up to the car.

"Hey girl! Ready for some shopping" She exclaimed.

"Of course, you look great" I complimented.

"Thank you! So do you, I love that skirt" She awed.