¹⁴ Arrival

Dazzling white light knocked at his obstinate eyelids. With a long sigh, he tried to stir in his sleep but something wrapped on his right shoulder prevented him from moving. There wasn't pain but only the numbness delving across his whole body.

He licked his chapped lips several times meanwhile his eyes got adjusted with the intruding sunlight.

Where am I ? He thought. Unable to say it aloud. His throat itched while his body felt limp.

"Oh ! You woke up."

Taehyung's ears perked up at the female's sound.

" Hey brave boy, I'm Amelia, a really close childhood friend of the General." She informed with a beautiful smile. Taehyung also tried to reverberate the smile but failed.

" C..can I see h..him?" He asked with great efforts.

"Sure. I will send a call for him." Amelia turned towards the door and called the group of girls whom Taehyung hadn't noticed till then.

When they left with the order, Amelia turned towards the male in bed.

" I'm very thankful to you for saving General's life. He must also be feeling very much grateful to you as he brought you to his private chamber. Even I need additional security permission from the guards. " She said with a smile.

" A..Am I in the p..palace ?" Taehyung stuttered in pain.

" Of course. Where else can you be ? I heard that you jumped in for rescuing the General. I really admire the determination of subjects in protecting the royals. You must deserve a cash prize from the royal family." She chirped, hardly noticing the discomfit in Taehyung's face.

Yes he had saved the General's life but a small correction. He had also saved his own life too.

One of the girls trudged towards them and whispered near to Amelia's ear.

" Oh Sorry, General exempted the appointment. He might be really busy." she said consolingly to which Taehyung casted a painful smile in understanding.

"Am I to call you Taehyung or Kim? " she asked earnestly.

" You can call me anything you prefer Madame." Taehyung said, obstinate in ignoring the pain.

" Then I will call you Taehyung and you can call me Amelia or Ami." She chirped and patted Taehyung's numb ridden head.

Hours passed with Amelia being eloquent about her past with the General and her life in the palace. She is very friendly and garrulous towards the sick boy who only responded with mild answers and a meek smile.

His thoughts spiralled on his credibility to be in the palace, nonetheless in General's private chamber.

■■■■■■

General Jeon Jungkook's head pounded in its small enclosed space. His eyes are sagged and red rimmed. The weariness in his face is not at all present in his daunting muscles. In fact, he has been working out tirelessly for three days after he had reached the palace.

Four days since his love is unconscious.

Four days since he has seen his beloved's brown shining eyes.

He is going mad, feral in his own company. Park would come at definite intervals to inform about Taehyung. The latter has been staying with Taehyung for the last three days. Jungkook only strolled in to see the outline of Taehyung's sleeping figure as he couldn't afford to see the unconscious male.

That could have been me, deep down his mind chanted. Guilt and an obscure pain covered his sturdy mind. He is irrevocably in love with Taehyung but the feelings regarding this new emotion is totally new to him. He is an infant in love at least that's what Namjoon had told him.