1 - Bri | Why is He Here?

Me and my best friend Zoey decided that it was time for a girls day but, can you really call it a girls day when we're about to meet up with her boyfriend?

Zoey's been dating Jack for around two weeks but they were seeing each other for months before that. I like Jack. I don't think Jack remembers me.

I used to be best friends with his little brother, Luke. Although me and Luke were a duo, I still kind of knew Jack. But, that was over a decade ago, he couldn't remember me. If he couldn't neither could Luke. Right?

Zo and I are walking towards the restaurant we're going to eat at and she's on the phone to Jack. I have no interest in their conversation so, I don't really know whats said. The only thing I did hear is that he's going to park soon, or something like that.

——

We've been in the restaurant for almost twenty minutes and there's still no Jack in sight. I don't know what's taking so long.

"Bri, I'm so sorry. He should be here any minute now," Zoey say's checking her phone continuously. When she looks back at the door for the hundreth time since we've been here, ocean blue eyes meet hers.

I'm not jealous of Zo in any way but I want what she has. I had that once. I might've been a six year old but no boy has ever treated me as well as Luke did.

That's when I see that behind Jack, there's a six foot two figure staring at me. It can't be. He should be in Michigan. Why is he here?