Chap 4 - Magic Knights Entrance Exam

-Four months later- 

It was the day that every candidate waited for, to be selected as the magic knight and serve for their kingdom as part of the respective magic knight squad member.

"Miss. (Y/n)! What are you wearing? People will think you're a commoner from some distant town. Why don't you wear your formal dress?" The Mushroom-head bargained with the said moody girl who was untangling her (h/l) hair and scowled at him through her reflection.

You wear this outfit

You wear this outfit. Or you can imagine your own outfit.

"I don't wanna wear that in front of so many clueless people. Plus, what's the problem with this outfit? I'm totally comfortable in this so don't waste your time on me to change it. Now go back and do your work." (Y/n) shooed him away by waving her hand dismissively.

"Seriously. . . You love to fool people around by hiding your identity, didn't you? It's no surprise, considering you're the adopted daughter of the Wizard King, who sneaks out of the castle on purpose to roam around in disguise. You're quite the chip off the old block."

(Y/n) finished styling her hair in casual (hairstyle) and then turned to face him, wearing a self-assured expression. "Well, at least we don't go out of our way to draw unnecessary attention and flaunt our status like some pampered royals or nobles. This approach allows us to gather information more discreetly."

"I understand it's useful when undertaking missions and spying around, but your role is to serve as an assistant to the Magic Knights Captains. Today, you're a distinguished guest tasked with observing the candidates and offering your assessment alongside the captains!"

(Y/n) just rolled her eyes and walked past him. "That doesn't mean I have to show-off my fancy outfits to reveal that I'm the representative for Captains assistance and Wizard King. I'll be late if I continue this pointless argument."

Marx sighed in defeat, "I'm just worried that people might mistake you as a commoner or a low-level mage and start bully you. . ."

She stood in front of door as her back was facing Marx. "Well, thanks for your concern. . ." she remarked, glancing back at him with a slight smirk. "But you should know that nobody can bully me."

-At Magic Knights exam venue-