Chapter 39

Valeria's pov

After dark I woke up with a sigh. I tried to open my eyes a few times before I succeeded. I sat up and looked around confused. I was in the Temple of Selene.

"Nice to see you awake Valeria." Selene said and I stood up. Memories of the battle flooded my mind.

"Am I dead?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Oh.." What else could I say.

My thoughts drifted to Lucas and Onyx. My heart broke for them. Tears welled up in my eyes when I thought about how much pain they were in and that I would never see them or anyone close to me again.

"Come here Valeria." Selene said and opened her arms to me.

I ran to her and hugged her.

"It feels so bad. How will my mate and family cope?" I cried to her.

"Calm down, dear child. Come sit with me, I have a lot to tell you." Selene said and guided us to the bench.

We sat and I waited for what she has to say. Selene sighed.

"I want you to let me tell you everything without interruption. I know you will have a lot of questions, but they can wait."

I nodded to her and Selene began to tell me about the former queens and their importance in the lives of werewolves. The Queen brings balance, restrains the power hungry Alphas and controls the rogue wolves' madness.

Oh and I should be the next queen! No pressure.

At first I was really hurt when I heard that my mother knew about my fate, but Selene explained that for my safety it was best to keep it a secret. All in all, there's a lot to digest here..

"So I'm the queen who died before anyone even knew about it. It will look great in the history books." I snorted.

Selene looked at me with amusement before bursting into laughter. Why is she laughing at me? I looked at her blankly and waited for her to calm down.

"I'm sorry sweetheart.." she still giggled and continued "you may be dead but you are destined to be queen so I am going to send you back."

Silence.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"Why would I joke about something like this?" She asked.

"Okay. So I go back and how the hell do I announce to everyone that I'm the queen? No one would believe it!" I said anxiously, pulling my hair.

"Leave it to me. But taking you back takes a lot of my strength, so unfortunately you'll be in a coma for a while when you are back. When I have recovered my strength, I will inform every werewolf in the form of a vision." Selene said proudly.

After thinking about it for a while, I sighed deeply.

"Fine, but I don't want to be a queen who commands everyone and is rooted on the throne. All Alphas will be allowed to lead their packs in the same way as before, but we will check the activities of the packs regularly.
We can also expand our own pack and anyone who needs help or advice can turn to me.
If my abilities also include sensing the intentions of others, we can control the rogue situation when we can offer a home to those wolves who deserve it." I pondered.

Selene smiled.

"You're the queen, you get to decide how you're going to rule. And I know already that you will be an amazing queen."

"What about Lucas? Will he become king?" I asked.

"It's entirely up to you, you can appoint him king but the queen always has the most power." She answered.

This is crazy. Can I really be a queen.. Well, there's only one way.

"Let's get started then!" I declared excitedly.

"As you wish." Selene smiled and snapped her fingers.

Everything went dark again.