Chapter 27: The Future Ahead

Kingdom of Fenn, Capital Amanoki, 10th February 1640 CCY

"As of today, the cooperative partnership treaty between Japan and Parpaldia has been signed after three rounds of negotiation. Thus, this will be the second time any company from Japan will place their investment in the Philades continent. Obayashi Construction Corporation, Hitachi Heavy Industry, and Japan Rail Corporation have been chosen to be the first of many companies to pioneer into this new rich market. For the first phase of investment, a series of deep-water harbors, highways, and railway lines will be built across Parpaldia to connect parts of the country and promote economic development. This plan is similar to the development plans applied to the Rodenius continent, Topa, and other countries that had signed cooperation agreements and free trade with Japan. The first round of construction will not start until July of this year..."

The bar in the capital of Amanoki is silent to listen to the newscaster on the television. Everyone is holding a cup of sake. Outside, many people are busying themselves with decorations for the upcoming Military. Lanterns are being hung everywhere, and stalls and viewing platforms are being built for this special occasion. But the people in the bar are especially anxious.

Then, a young man walks into the bar, wearing a white shirt and black pants with a high-vis vest and construction helmet. That's Mr. Yoshiaki Blackard from Obayashi Construction. He has been here since last year to supervise the construction projects in Amanoki. As Fenn is perfectly in the middle of Japan and the Philades continent, Japan has been very keen to keep a good relationship with the Kingdom. This task is easy because of the uncanny similarities of culture and people of both countries. Fenn is very much similar to Japan in the Sengoku and Tokugawa periods. The existence of television and electricity in Fenn is one of the fruits of the friendship between Fenn and Japan.

"Hello there, pops, can I get a table?" – Yoshiaki

"Oh? Yoshiaki? Come in, come in! Have a seat! Hey, Ayame, have you finished with the dishes? Come out, we have more customers coming in!" – Amasuda

"I'm coming, grandfather." – Ayame

Yoshiaki sits down at the table, where he usually seat after greeting the patrons. Being transferred here is like a gift from God to Yoshiaki. Ever since he was little, Yoshiaki was fascinated with historical Japan. Born to a British father and a Japanese mother, he shared his love for Japan with his dad. Especially since he had a chance to go hiking on the Nakasendo trail as a child. He dreamt of being able to walk among the street resemblance that of the old Japan. Knowing his love for historical Japan, and his skill as an architecture and construction supervisor, the company decided that he would be the best man to send to Fenn.

"So, the usual, hah boy?" – Amasuda

"Yes please." – Yoshiaki

After coming to Fenn, he immediately walks around to get a better understanding of the architecture and explore the city. He discovered this izakaya in a small alleyway that the locals here often frequented. Since then, he has been a regular of this establishment.

"Yosh! Cold Sake with 1 set of Karaage, coming right up! Ayame, come get the sake!" – Amasuda

The young maiden wearing yukata look-a-like clothing holds a tray with Edamame beans and a bottle of cold Sake and a cup comes next to Yoshiaki. She places the small dish of edamame down in front of him, then the glass cup.

"Hello, Yoshiaki-san, it's good to see you today. I guess you are not really busy since you come to our store so early in the day?" – Ayame

"Oh, thank you, Ayame-chan. Yeah, since the festival is about to begin, my superiors say that we can take the days off. I was just wandering around all day to take pictures of buildings for future reference in my work. Would you like to see?" – Yoshiaki