29

Brittany's P.O.V.

"So how was it?" 

The whole time we were having breakfast, Jo ate most of what I cooked for her and it just sent a flutter to my heart seeing she enjoyed them.

I don't normally cook because why do so? I have several help here to do them for me.

But today was exceptional and I wanted to do them for Jo.

I made her pancakes, toast some bread, fry her bacon, and sausages, and scrambled her eggs. I even prepared her some cereal, and baked her hash browns. 

I couldn't decide on what to cook as I don't know her preference so I decided to give her options. But to my surprise, she ate them all.

I ate too but I felt contented just by watching her munch on pretty much everything that was on the table.

"Did you really cook it all?" She looked at me in disbelief, still her mouth half full.

"Yes, I did, really! Don't talk when your mouth is full!" I chuckled at her.

"I'm sorry! Shoot, I'm gonna be late." She quickly ate the last bite of sausage from her plate and started gathering the dishes like last night.

"Go shower, I got them." I snatched the plate from her grip.

"No, you don't. You're just gonna ask the maids to do them for you." 

"I just cooked you breakfast by myself, didn't I? I can do this. Go, you're gonna be late."

She gave me a look one last time before running upstairs towards my room while I fixed our mess on the table. 

The maids in the kitchen hurriedly took them from me and one of them ran to the dining room to get the others.

"It's fine." I told them but still proceeded to help me anyway.

Mrs. Rose, the eldest of them all and the longest help we had was smiling at me from ear to ear.

"What?" I asked her.

"She's good for you, kid." Mrs. Rose basically raised me and my brother. 

In the absence of our parents, she was there. Though I did not grow up very close with her even though she was with me literally my whole life, she is the closest I have as someone that knows me well.

"What do you mean?" I leaned against the countertop as I looked at her wrinkled face.

"I cannot remember the last time I saw you smile, Brittany. I think you were what? Like 6 or 7 since last I saw you smile, the genuine kind, I mean." 

I ponder at what she said. 

Was it really that long since I felt this kind of happiness invading my being?

"She's a keeper, is what I want to tell you. Treasure her." And with that, she turned her back on me to do the dishes.

As I walked towards the stairs, the words from Mrs. Rose stuck in my head.

She's a keeper.

Well, I'm not gonna argue with that. She really is.

"Are you done yet?" I yelled from my room.

"Almost."

I went to my closet to find something for her to wear to work. They have uniforms I know but I also know she comes to work and leaves with casual clothing and I don't think she had a clean one inside her bag.

I prepared them for her and one also for me.

When she came out of the bathroom, the towel she used last night was hugging her body.

"I was just gonna ask you to lend me some clothes." Her eyes were on the clothes I laid on the bed.

It was a plain white shirt and my ripped jeans.

"I'm not sure if my pants will fit you though."

"Do you have umm, a jogger pants? I don't think they'll fit."

"Yeah, I think so. Wait here."

When I came back, Jo was wearing the white shirt I gave her with the towel now on her waist.

"Here." I handed her the grey jogger pants I almost forgot I had. I don't even remember how and why I have it.

In no time, we were already on the road.

"What time do you get off?" I asked her. I can't help but look at her from time to time.

Her dress is very simple yet I cannot take my eyes off her.

With just a white shirt and jogger pants, I find her looking so cute. Not to mention, she was wearing my clothes. I find it really, really hot!

"At one in the afternoon. Eyes on the road, Anderson!" She exclaimed when I swerved a little bit.

"Sorry. You just look adorable in my clothes... Anyway, I'll pick you up after your shift. Do you have any plans then?" 

I parked at the parking in front of the store where she works. There's still a good 10 minutes before her shift starts.

"Umm, none. But I need to go home and check on something."

"Yeah, of course."

"But, Brit... Don't come at exactly one in the afternoon, come like, 20 minutes late 'cause I still have to change my clothes and sometimes, if we have lots of customers, we cannot just go."

I nodded at her.

"Then, call me once you finish your shift. the drive from the house to here is less than 20 minutes anyway, so I'll still have time. Where's your phone by the way?"

I haven't seen her phone since yesterday.

"Here in my bag. I don't have anybody else's number aside from you so, why take it out?" 

"You mean, aside from me and Rachel." I corrected her. Mentioning her name and just thinking about that girl boils my blood.

"Yeah, right. Umm, I'm gonna get going, I still need to change to my uniform." 

She was about to leave but I grabbed her arm.

"Not so fast, I think you're forgetting something, babe." I smirked at her, completely changing my mood.

"Wha-"

Before she could even finish whatever she was gonna say, With my hand, I grabbed the back of her neck and the other, her waist, and pulled her in for a kiss.

I was planning for it to be just brief but when my lips touched hers, I just lost control. And when she kissed me back, everything went blank and all I could think of was her, this moment, the sensation it brought me when she reached for my face and cupped it.

"I really have to go." Our foreheads are touching while we both catch up on our breaths.

Before she left, she pecked me on the lips and winked.

I watched her as she entered the store. And even if she was already inside and I couldn't see her anymore, I stayed in the parking lot, trying to cool down, processing my feelings, analyzing, and questioning.

How can one, Josephine Thompson drive me this crazy? With just a kiss and a simple touch, I completely forgotten literally everything.