Chapter 12.

Mrs. Carmen immediately approached them worriedly after they returned to the banquet hall, she regretted leaving without saying anything earlier when she saw the sadness and worry on her eyes.

"I'm sorry, if I left earlier without saying anything." she said to Mrs. Carmen.

"No, I'm the one who should apologize, Neli." she said while stroking her cheek. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"No, no Madam, you didn't do anything wrong." she immediately answered. "It's my fault for leaving."

"Why are you calling me like that, Neli?" there is a bit confusion on Mrs. Carmen's voice.

Neli was about to answer when her father suddenly appeared in front of her from nowhere, followed by Camille with her two step-sisters and saw the worried on their faces.

"Are you alright, Neli?" her father asked worriedly then grabbed her hand. "Do you want us to go home?"

"We can go home anytime you want." Camille added.

She immediately bent down when she felt Cha hug her, she saw that she was in tears and even Rhence hugged her on her other side.

"Are you alright?" Rhence suddenly asked her.

"Are you hurt?" Cha asked her as well.

Her heart softened at their question. Yes, she was hurt by what she saw earlier, but she can't do anything if they choose Hazel over her. She just shook her head then smiled to her step-sisters before turning back to Mrs. Carmen.

While Neli and Grandma were returning to the banquet hall earlier she asked if Mrs. Carmen's knows about their situation, her Grandma said that she might probably has no idea about what is happening between them and about their divorce as well so she decided to tell her mother-in-law about the divorce so that she could finally continue her plan to marry Caleb to Hazel, especially now that Hazel is pregnant with her son.

But she didn't tell to Grandma about what Caleb told to her, that he didn't file their divorce paper because she wasn't sure if what he said was true. She just wants to finish everything before she leaves the country, she also plans to talk to Hazel to settle any conflict between the two of them.

"Madam, I just want to let you know that Caleb and I have been divorced for three years now."

Neli saw that Mrs. Carmen was shocked, it was obvious from her reaction that she did not know what happened to her and Caleb.

"D-divorce? But... N-no one told me that you two got a divorce." she said in shock. "Why?"

"It's a long story." she said and forced herself to smile. "I just want to thank you for accepting me into your family Madam, I want to forget and leave everything in this country before I return to New York."

"Neli..." her voice was tinged with sadness.

"Hazel and Caleb deserve each other Madam. If you will ask me, I don't know if I can do what Hazel did for Caleb back then." she was referring when she saved his life. "I don't know anything about Caleb either, I didn't even know that my ex-husband's family owns the brand that I am endorsing." she added with a soft laugh.

Mrs. Carmen didn't answer so she just continued.

"...and I would like to cut whatever ties we have..." she bowed in front of her. "...I'm so sorry Madam, but please cancel my contract as the ambassador of your brand."

"Neli.." she noticed that Mrs. Carmen looked at her father, perhaps she wanted to ask for help to stop her but her father didn't do or say anything. "Grandma, what's happening here?"

Mrs. Carmen's face shows confusion.

"Just talk to your son and cancel Neli's contract, I will pay for the compensation and damages on your brand."

"Mom, it's not about compensation." Mrs. Carmen said. "I don't understand what's going on! Divorce? And why does Neli need to cancel her contract, why are these all happening?"

They all turned when they heard the banquet hall door open and saw Caleb there, his face darkened.

"Why don't you ask your son now, Carmen?" Grandma said while grabbing her hand. "Neli, let's go I'll bring you home."

She was about to follow Grandma when someone suddenly grabbed her other hand, when she turned to see who it was, it was Caleb.

"Let's talk." he said to her.

"Caleb, can you let go of Neli's hand?" Grandma said while pulling her. "You two have nothing to talk about because you have been divorced for a long time, so let go of her hand now."

"We are not divorced." they were all surprised because of what Caleb said. She didn't think she would say that thing in front of their family, he just confirmed that they are not divorce yet in front of everyone. "So Grandma, can you let go of my wife's hand or else..."

Grandma was slightly stunned when she heard what her grandson said about their divorce, because she also did not know that their divorce did not go through and hearing her stupid grandson saying his wife to Neli, she didn't think that at her age, she would still be thrilled because of her grandchildren's drama.

A smile appeared on her lips but she immediately frowned to hide her excitement.

"Or else what, Caleb?" she asked.

"I will kidnap her."

Neli screamed when Caleb suddenly carried her, she also felt Grandma quickly let go of her hand before she could even ask for help. She was dumbfounded by what she did to her, she even saw the smile on Grandma's face while waving at her. She suddenly felt that she betrayed her for her grandson, no, she really did betray her.

"What are you doing?" she asked Caleb when she noticed the guests were looking at them. "Let go of me."

"No, we need to talk."

He walked up to the lobby of the hotel, she also noticed the employees and other people there were looking at them with their eyes wide open. Neli did nothing but hide her face on his chest and let him go wherever he wanted.

It was her first time that she smelled Caleb's perfume, somehow it seemed the smell is familiar to her but she didn't know where she smelled it.

A few seconds passed when she felt Caleb stop walking, when she lifted her face to see where he had taken her, she was confused to find out that they were in the elevator.

"Let go of me." she said then hit him on the chest which she immediately regretted thinking that he might get hurt, but when she looked at him, he was just looking at her as if he didn't mind her hitting him. "Where are you taking me?!"

"To my room."

Caleb took her to a penthouse on the top floor of the hotel. After he put her down, she immediately ran to the door to escape but it was locked.

She turned to Caleb and frowned.

"Open the door!"

Neli's knees suddenly went weak and her heart started pounding loudly when she saw Caleb walk towards her.

"We can finally talk."

Neli's eyes widened as she noticed his face slowly approaching hers.

Is he going to kiss me?

She held her breath as she closed her eyes to wait for their lips to meet but a few seconds passed and she still didn't feel his lips, so she slowly opened her right eye and was surprised to see Caleb smiling.

She immediately sat down and covered her face with her palms because of embarrassment when she heard Caleb's laughing.