5

As Lucy was bent over in front of Tim Bradford's toilet, she pondered whether getting 7 shots of tequila was really worth it. She felt Tim's hand on her back, rubbing it. She felt the other hand holding her hair up. It was almost too domestic for her, and she felt another wave of throw up coming up.

Tim Bradford hated throw up. With all his being. It took everything in him not to throw up in the tub across from him. But he needed to be there for Lucy. As he heard her rounding up for another turn, he slightly gagged and turned his head away from the toilet.

"Oh god." He muttered under his breath. Lucy looked up from the toilet and turned towards him. She could tell he was enjoying this about as much as she was. She turned back to the toilet and puked for the last time.

Tim got up and flushed the toilet. Not looking at it and focusing his attention to the slumped over Lucy, leaning against the wall.

"C'mon." He held his hand out for her to grab, and she used all the energy she had left to grab it and help herself up from the cold tile floor.

Tim sat in silence on one of his kitchen stools. He had given Lucy some of his clothes to sleep in. He had already set up the couch for her and the floor beside it for himself just to make sure nothing happened.

Lucy walked out in clothes that were slightly baggy on her. Tim looked over, and he could feel the same sensation in his chest from the bar, but it was different this time. Warm where as the other was ice cold. Seeing her in his clothes was too much for him, and he quickly looked away.

"Are you ok?" Lucy stood in front of him. She was a lot less drunk than before but felt more exhausted. She had noticed Tim checking her out and tried to brush it off, but his shirt was hanging off his body in a way she'd never seen. She stepped closer to him, putting her hands on his broad shoulders. Tim's breath hitched. Her touch made his chest tighter. "Lucy?" Tim looked up at her.

He had said her name in a low, raspy tone, and she quickly snapped back into reality. She stepped back. "Sorry." She smiled, embarrassed and walked to the couch.

Tim shook his head as if to shake off what had just happened and sighed. He got up and followed over to where she was and made sure she had everything she needed. "I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back. Yell if you need me." Tim said as he walked away.

Lucy admired the Sargeants' backside and quickly chastised herself for doing so. She looked down at her hands and brought them to her face to face palm herself again. "What is wrong with me." She rolled over and noticed the homemade bed on the floor directly in front of the couch.

It consisted of a very thin mat accompanied by a pillow and blanket. Lucy looked at the bedding with confusion as Tim walked out with his pajamas and a shirt on. A different one from before, but Lucy could still see all the right things just the same.

She looked away, and this time, it was Tim's turn to ask the question they had been bouncing back and forth the whole night. "You okay?" He looked at her, confused. She looked up and smiled. "Peachy." Tim wasn't buying it. He knelt down onto the mat in front of her and slowly laid down.

"You're not seriously sleeping there, right?" Lucy looked at him. "If you start choking on your vomit, I'd rather be able to hear it." Tim replied, trying to make his 'bed' as comfortable as possible.

"Well then, why don't I sleep there and you sleep here. I'm not trying to give you a backache because you slept on the ground." Lucy sat up and looked at Tim, who was failing to even convince himself that the mat was comfortable. "I'll be fine, Lucy," He laid down, his back turned from her.

Lucy looked down at him and grabbed his shoulder. Tim flinched at the touch and quickly turned his head around to look at her. "What?" She slowly got up and half crawled to the ground.

"What are you doing, Lucy?" Tim had sat up and was trying to figure out what Lucy was even trying to do. She sat in front of him. The lack of space had Tim on high alert. Even if he wanted to be this close to her, she had a boyfriend and was not in the right state to have good judgment.