Tea Party

VERENA'S POV

I was invited to have tea with Princess Thea. She, herself handwritten the letter. She cordially invited the Grand Duchess to her tea party. "We have to find a pretty dress," Beatrix was screaming on top of her lungs. "Mr. Bernard, Call the dresser," She yelled out of my room. I was sitting in my chamber going through some documents related to the Grand Duchy as I was going to take over some work duties. Although, I didn't go to noble schools, I did go to the moon school at night. Just me and my professor. It's he who taught me how to control my power. Once I burned down a forest because I lost control but as my professor mastered in moon magics and he could fix the damage. He taught me other ways I could control my power and use them to defend myself. He also taught me how to blend in as a noble woman and still be bold and feminine.

As soon as the letters came, Bernard ran to my chambers immediately. I knew this was coming for me. "Beatrix, we don't need the dresser, just find me the most outstanding dress from my wardrobe," I said. "Your Grace, We should find a new dress," Beatrix suggested. "Let's be sustainable," I smiled and got up from my chair. "I can still look outstanding in my dresses," I said and went to my room. Beatrix followed me as we went through my wardrobe together and decided to go on with which dress.

I was gifted a few new dresses by my father which I never wore. I chose a dress from them. "But why would Princess Thea invite you, Your grace?" Beatrix asked. I chuckled and smiled. "How can she ignore me? I am the Grand Duchess of the country and the wife of her past lover," I smiled as Beatrix smiled. I might sound bitchy but these are tactics of Thea to address her innocence. Which she is! She doesn't want any riot acknowledged by the country as she is the crowned princess and I am the Grand Duchess. We both are strong females in the country after the queen.

HAYES'S POV

"Thea invited Verena," I said as Bernard nodded. "What's wrong about that?" I asked. "Your Grace, The crown princess invited your wife to her tea party," Bernard stated. "I don't see anything wrong with that. Verena is the Grand Duchess of Theon, Princess Thea is ought to invite her," I said. "But It's giving some energy radiations," Bernard said. "Cut the nonsense and tell Verena to pick out her dress," I said. "Her Grace, has already selected her dress," Bernard said. "When did the dresser come?" I asked. "Her grace didn't call the dresser, she is going to wear an old dress of hers," Bernard squeezed in a smile. "Call Verena to my chambers," I ordered Bernard as he lightly bowed to my order.

After a few minutes, She entered my room. "You called me, His excellency," She bowed a little. "Sit down," I said as she sat down in-l front of me. "You have been working very diligently, I appreciate the effort you are putting in to the duchy," I said. "Thank you," She smiled. "I heard you got invited to the crown princess's tea party," I said. "Yes," She said without any hesitation. I thought she would feel weird or sad about going to a party of her husband's past lover. But she looked quite affirmative. "Make sure you look presentable. Call the dresser and make a good dress," I said. "We need not waste money like that," She said. "I will wear a new dress my father gifted me," She added. "Fine, In further days, Please do not stop yourself from buying better clothes, You're the Grand Duchess," I said.

"I will keep that in mind," She said and got up to leave. After she left, I sighed. Why is Thea holding a tea party all of a sudden? The coronation is knocking at the door and she is throwing a tea party for nobles. I think she wants to present herself as the eligible and kind ruler.

I drifted myself off of my thoughts and focused on work.

VERENA'S POV

I walked out of Hayes's room. His eyes looked tired. He was suffering and over working himself. I think he needs rest. As I started to help in the office, I forgot about him. I was more focused on his family rather than him. I felt like a obliged wife now. I didn't hate my life. For the first time in my life, I started to have dreams when I sleep. I knew they were dreams because I can feel my powers when they are working.