[𝟏𝟑] 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄

[AURORA]

The weird thing about feeling peace is never knowing if it'll stay or go.

For me, it vanishes as fast as it comes. "One bad day, a thousand good days" wasn't true, no one could be happy for that long, well, at least me.

But right now, as Enzo is holding me tight against his chest, I feel peace, safe. I've never felt that before, if I'm being honest, the feeling is scary.

"What are you thinking about, darling?"

I bring my eyes to him, "Nothing."

He smiles softly, "Sure." He stops and I look away from his face, realizing we're back at Alessio's car, "Are you hungry, darling? We can stop and get some ramen."

"Really?" I chuckle, "My ramen addiction is finally growing on you."

Enzo rolls his eyes, "Keep flattering yourself."

I smile as Enzo puts me down, signaling me to get in the back with him as Sophia gets into the passenger side, she sighs, "Well, I'm exhausted as fuck. Who knew seeing people die would do that to you." She laughs.

Alessio scoffs, "Probably normal people." He smirks, "But En and I aren't normal."

"You can say that again," his brother laughs.

Alessio stops the car in front of a fancy hotel, turning the engine off and facing Enzo, "I think it's best we just call it a night, huh?"

Enzo sighs, running his hands through his hair, "Probably, yeah" he sighs, looking at me. "You okay with sleeping here, love?"

"Of course, I'd sleep on the floor right now."

He nods, and opens his door, getting out and walking over to my door to open it. "Here."

He extends his hand for me to take, I put my hand in his and let him pull me out of the car, "Jesus it's fucking freezing." I wrap my arms around myself.

Alessio sighs and gets out of the driver's seat, "We probably should've gotten clothes, but the rooms should have extras if we ask."

I nod, "Okay."

Sophia comes over to me, taking my hand in hers as we walk into the hotel, "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I mean, we just saw people die, even I'm a little shocked right now." she laughs dryly, "but you can't deny that Enzo looked hot killing that dude."

I give her a surprised look, "Wow look at you being all kinky and shit, Mom would be proud." I smile, "But you do know I killed people, right? not my first rodeo."

we both laugh as we get up to the front desk, Enzo smiles at her nicely, "Hi, can we get two rooms please?"

the lady smiles seductively, "Of course." she enters Enzo's information into the computer, turning around and giving him two keys, she winks, "Enjoy your stay."

he nods, turning to me and rolling his eyes, smiling. "We will."

I smile softly, wondering why I'm smiling at his smile, fuck, I need to stop. we're just friends, Aurora. stop being stupid.

"let's go," he says, "I know you're tired."

"Damn right I am, it's been a long day," I yawn, "hopefully tomorrow will be better."

"Me too," Sophia says.

We take an elevator up to our rooms, getting off on the seventh floor. "Enzo, do you mind taking a room together?" Alessio asks, smiling smugly.

"well-"

Enzo cuts me off, "That's fine, brother."

Enzo looks at me, "is that okay with you?" he asks, "I'm pretty sure there's a couch I can sleep on."

I look at Sophia who smiles at me, "It's just for tonight, Ronnie."

I nod and we break off into two, going down the hall to our rooms. Enzo beats me to the door, unlocking it and holding it open for me. "You can shower first. I'll make a bed for myself."

"Okay."

I grab a towel and robe from the hotel's closet, I make my way into the bathroom and turn on the water, smiling at how hot it gets, ah, hot showers. I undress and turn to look at myself in the mirror, I've gotten thin. I've always been thinner than Sophia, which she hated. but she's always been more beautiful, had healthier hair, curvier, and she's always been the normal one.

"Aurora?"

"Yeah?" I yell back, "What's wrong?"

"You need clothes, darling. Room service dropped some off, I'll leave them on the bed, okay? I'm going down for a drink."

"Okay, thank you!"

he laughs, "You're welcome."

I take time in the shower, making sure to clean my cuts from Vince. I wash my hair with the hotel's supply of shampoo and conditioner, which is surprisingly good.

I get out, wrapping myself in the robe, and putting my hair up with the towel. I step out of the bathroom, noticing Enzo is still gone. I change into the clothes that he left on the bed, which is just a plain blue shirt and black sweatpants.

As I'm taking down my hair, there's a knock on the door, "did you forget your key?" I ask the person, assuming it's Enzo coming back up. I walk over to the door and open it just to be met with an unfamiliar face looking back at me, "Oh, we just got here, we don't need any more room service."

When he stares at me and doesn't answer, worry starts to form in my stomach, "Hello?"

He smiles darkly and lunges at me before I can react, taking me down on the floor, my head bounces off the floor, making me wince in pain, "What the fuck!" I scream, holding my head.

"Shhh."

He puts a rag against my nose, chloroform, fuck. Where are you, Enzo? The room starts to get blurry when he picks me off the ground and throws me over his shoulder, what the fuck is going on?!

The last thing I can remember is being thrown in the back of a van, the strange man putting duct tape on my mouth, telling me I better not wake up anytime soon. Then my eyes drifted close, fuck.

Remember that thing I said about peace? this is what I mean, it goes as fast as it comes, and it never stays. Every day is a bad day.

—⁂—

Hi guys, I've missed you. I tried my hardest on this chapter because I've been gone for so long. I do plan on working on BL for a while because I am out of school for good. I will try and update frequently, just please bear with me. I love you guys so fucking much. Thank you for 153k...it's incredible, you made my dream come true, thank you. 🩷 (Please comment on any errors on grammar and spelling!!)

 🩷 (Please comment on any errors on grammar and spelling!!)