The Last Light

...

Third Person P.O.V

"Okay, look," Jamie sighs heavily as he faces his stuffed bunny. "You and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads. So, here's what's gonna happen."

Jack peeks inside Jamie's window as (Y/N) sits on the edge, her powers weaker than before and her wings droopy.

"Jack... If he stops believing... I don't know what will happen to me," she whispers softly as he looks at her with wide, sad eyes. "I might become... this... shell."

"He won't stop believing," he quickly reassures, shaking his head. "I promise you, sweetheart. You're gonna be just fine," Jack replies, looking back at Jamie while biting his lip in thought.

"If it wasn't a dream... And if you are real..." Jamie leans closer as he sighs again. "Then you have to prove it. Like, right now."

"Jack..." (Y/N) hisses in pain as she grips his arm, setting her other hand on her chest as Jamie's belief wavers.

"I believed in you for a long time, okay? Like... My whole life in fact!" Jamie picks up the bunny as he stares at it. "So you kind of owe me now. You don't have to do much... Just a little sign so I know. Anything. Anything at all."

(Y/N) sighs softly as her heart trembles, and her eyes become a lifeless shade of gold as her face becomes blank and pale. Her wings once again change to a dark gray, however not completely black.

"Sweetheart?" Jack looks at her with wide eyes as he lightly grabs her shoulder. "Sweetheart? (Y/N)!"

She looks at him with a blank stare, tilting her head.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She questions, her voice monotone and voice of emotion as he gasps softly.

"No, no, no," Jack shakes his head, looking at Jamie as he sets his hand on the window.

"I knew it." Jamie tosses the bunny on the floor, staring at his bed in sadness.

The window props open, making Jack gasp softly before he looks at (Y/N).

"Come on, (Y/N). We can do this."

"What's the point?" (Y/N) shrugs, pulling her arm away as she stares off in the distance. "He'll never believe anyway. Better to just give up now. There's no point in anything."

Jack's eyes narrow as he takes her arm, pulling her inside as he climbs through. She says nothing in protest, only staring at Jamie with a frown. Jack uses his magic, frosting over Jamie's window as he looks over with a soft gasp.

Jack uses his finger to draw an egg with decorations on it, frosting over the one above it and drawing a silhouette of a girl with wings and a heart above her.

Jamie gasps as he looks down at the bunny toy, glancing back at the window as more of it frosts and he rises.

"He's real!"

(Y/N) blinks rapidly as her eyes flicker from gold to (E/C), her skin coming back to life as she rubs her eye with her wrist. Her wings glow a brilliant white in the moonlight as she stretches them out.

"Jack?" She breathes out as he looks over with a relieved smile.

"Hey, sweetheart," he chuckles with relief before concentrating, drawing a bunny with wings on its back.

(Y/N) smiles with a light laugh as she walks over, setting her hand on his as he focuses his magic and hers. Together they bring the bunny to life, Jamie exclaiming and laughing as it begins to hop around the room, the small wings fluttering on its back.