19 | Aurora

A big thanks to erotic_vixen ❤️ Her book inspired me for this chapter. Please give it a try, she deserves it!

Jade Grogan is a devil roaming on earth disguised as a human, and I am never changing my opinion about that. I have no clue what spell he casts over people around him so that eventually they all give in to his demands. He again managed to convince his brothers to let me stay with them, and he also managed to convince me. And now we are both going back to the hotel where I was staying to get my stuff.

"Just wait here. I'll go get my car." Jade says before walking away, and I make my way to the entrance gate of the building. After a few minutes, a shiny black BMW pulls over in my direction with Jade inside. The car and him had a perfect aura that matched each other, as Jade was wearing a formal black shirt with its sleeves rolled up and white pants.

He stops the car near me, and before I can open the door for the passenger seat, he comes out and runs in my direction before opening the door for me. He motions for me to get inside, and I look at him with an amused expression. As I sit, he closes the door and comes back to the driving seat.

But I froze in my place when he leant over in my direction and pulled the seatbelt from my side before buckling it. He slowly looks at me and his gaze darkens, and the memories of this morning flash in my head when he almost kissed me at the entrance of his house. The heat that is radiating from his body engulfs me, and my heart thumps so loudly that I can hear it in my ears. We lock our eyes for a moment before he gulps and scoots back to his seat.

"I am sorry." He mutters slowly, glancing at me from the corner of his eyes, and I look at him. "For the other day. I crossed my limits, which I shouldn't have."

I appreciate the fact that he knows he is wrong, and he has no insecurity about apologizing for it. Besides, I was the one who pushed him over when I knew he was having a bad time.

"It's okay, Jade." I smile. "I know you didn't do it on purpose." His lips twitched upward in a faint smile while he gave me a nod.

I cannot help myself from looking at him again and again. His small gestures that showed his care for me ignited a fire within me, and I just wanted to be around him and keep looking at him as much as possible.

"Take a photo; it will last a long time." He said this while his eyes remained on the road and his lips tugged up. Feeling the embarrassment of getting caught, I avert my eyes away from him.

"You are so self-obsessed." I mutter.

"But slowly, you are becoming obsessed with me." He cooed.

"Sure." I scoffed and looked outside the window to my side.

"Yes. You didn't even argue like you always do when I suggested you stay at my house."

"Because it is my work," I looked at him. "And only for work."

"Really?" He glanced at me before looking back at the road while a mocking grin played on his lips. "You don't want me to be near you?"

"Just drive." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes ma'am."

━━━━━━━━━━━

The rest of the drive was mostly quiet on our way to the hotel. After we had reached it, I took my luggage, and we both came back to the apartment where I'll be staying from now on with The Grogans. I thanked myself mentally for packing extra clothes and other stuff before coming to Quebec with my favourite books to read in my free time. As long as I have my books, I won't get bored at all.