Chapter:17 Seventeen

Adalyn

It's been a few weeks since Tatum passed away. Nothing has been the same for her family anymore since then. And for two whole weeks after her death Theo did not attend school or leave his house. I understood where he was coming from.

The night of her funeral he sent me a message explaining to me the reason he had stopped talking and the text he sent me had read ' Adalyn Rose you are reading this because I trust you. I have come to trust you these past months and i appreciate the friendship you gave me. The reason i stopped talking was because on my tenth birthday my best friend died no one knew he was my friend not even my family. He used to be bullied back in school and after his death the same people who bullied him wanted to be his friend all of a sudden. I realized that life is short and at any moment you could lose your life it does not matter the age so I stopped talking just so I can actually live and observe everything around me be one with the world. '

His text had me in tears and mad at the world for some reason.

I  visited Theo's family everyday to make sure their doing okay. The person who had looked completely broken was Tilly she was still failing to believe that her sister was really gone and everyday she would sit outside at the place they used to play hopscotch and hope she would come back and play with her.

I was walking home from school with Kelly and we walked in silence until we reached a point where i had to turn and go to Theo's house and her to go home. We waved each other goodbye and i began walking to Theo's house thought filled my mind as I walked.

I reached Theo's house and found Tilly sitting outside on the porch. I walked up to her. She seemed to be talking to a picture of Tatum. "Tatum, you will come back, right? Everyone keeps saying you won't but I don't believe them and i won't believe them, Because i know their lying to me. Any day now you will come back all healthy like you used to be when we were four and we will play hopscotch together like we used to. "

I could feel my eyes becoming watery as i listened to her talk." Tilly. "I called her name and she looked up at me." Come on let's go inside. "I held out my hand for her to take and when she took it we walked inside together.

This has become a daily thing." Hello. " I called out." We are in here. "Theo's mom answered  from the living room so I walked with Tilly into the living room.

Everyone was sitting together with the TV on and what looked like a video of Tatum playing. Tilly ran up to sit with her mom." Adalyn take a seat. We were just about to watch videos of Tatum for the last time so we can try and accept that she is gone.

The couch was full so i went and sat next to Theo on the floor. The video began to play it was an hour long.

While watching the video i felt like i was watching Tatum grow up from birth to her last birthday in just an hour. I get what their doing they don't want to live around the fact that Tatums gone they want to instead remember her the way she should be remembered as the sweet little girl she was.

I looked at Theo who's eyes had turned into that hazel like color they turn to when he is happy as he watched the memories of his sister.

The the video ended and he became tense. I held his hand to hopefully calm him down. "Her journey of life has ended but let's remember her journey of life before it's ending." I whispered to him and he held my hand softly as he became calm.

Tilly had fallen asleep mid way and so did London. Theo let go of my hand and got up and picked up London and i got up and picked up Tilly. Theo's mom thanked me and i followed Theo upstairs.

Since Tatum's passing Tilly had been sleeping with London because she felt lonely for she had, had someone by her side since she was born and now her someone was gone.

I layed her down on her bed and Theo layed London down on her bed. I checked the time on my phone and it was getting late. "I have to go home." I told Theo. I walked out of Londons room and Theo followed me.

As i was about to leave the house Theo held my hand and out of nowhere he hugged me then let go of me. I waved him goodbye with a smile on my face and he waved back to me before I walked out.

I walked home and my mind was in deep thought. Why did my heart skip a beat when he hugged me it never does.