Chapter 21

It was officially over

After four years of high school I finally finished.

To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement; the little makeup I had done was melting off my face because of the sun pelting on my face, the chair beneath me was getting irritating, the snack I snuck in was completely finished and worse of all Leo was seated far from me. 

I was more than ready to go home

"Hopefully I'll see you all in the near future. This has been my speech, thank you for your time," the valedictorian finished. Everyone stood and gave a round of applause, and with a final count down caps were being thrown in the year and the sound of students cheering filled the field.

I moved around looking for a familiar face but someone stopped me in my path, fortunately it wasn't Brandon.

"Alyiah can I talk to you for a minute,"Emma said, her face a bit downcast.

"Yeah, but you have to make it quick. I'm looking for someone," my eyes scanned around her before looking back at her.

"I'm sorry," she said, a sad smile on her face. "I realize that what I've done or what I have been doing is immature and I just want to apologize to you for causing you any pain or anything. I don't even know why I did it, I guess I was just jealous of you but even that doesn't excuse what I did to you. I just hope you can forgive me."

"I forgave you a long time ago, I mean thanks to you I met the love of my life," I smiled at her. "Hopefully, you'll learn to communicate your feelings sooner than later so you don't sleep with any of your other friends'boyfriends'."

"I'm learning, but I'm glad you can accept my apology," her eyes shifted to behind me. "I'll give you guys some privacy."

As soon as her back turned to me, arms circled my waist and lifted me off the ground. Laughter slipped from my throat as he spun me around.

"We're going to college," he said after putting me down.

"Can't believe you actually graduated," my arms were wrapped around his neck as his came around my waist.

"What's that supposed to mean?" his face twisted in fake offence.

"I mean you weren't exactly the brightest."

"I guess I just have to thank my girlfriend, she's quite smart."

"Oh really? How smart?"

"Smart enough to know when to kiss me," and with that I placed my lips on his. The kiss was broken shortly because I could hear my mother shouting out my name.

"There she is," she has tears flowing out of her eyes. "My baby."

"Mom you promised," I whined, going to hug her. "Alexander you made it."

"Couldn't have missed your big day, your mom would've killed me," he smiled.

"Shut up," she hit him in his chest before turning back to me."You're all grown up know, I won't see you until holidays."

"Ma, we haven't even gotten to college yet, let's take it step by step," I held her hands. Suddenly her eyes darted behind her and a grin over took her face,she bumped past me and made her way to Leo.

"MY DARLING," she rushed towards him and I watched as Leo's face lit up as he rushed towards my mother for a hug.

"So how have things been going?" I turned towards Alexander.

"I've been thinking of proposing," he admitted.

"Really?"

"Would you approve?"

"Of course,I'm finally gonna have a father who loves me," I laughed, hugging him.

"What happened to him? Your father, I mean?" he asked. "But you don't have to talk about it now, if you don't want to."

"Don't worry, he was a cheater who died by overdose," I shrugged.

"Well damn," he said causing me to laugh.

"Yeah."

"I'll try my best to make it up to you,"  he promised.

"That's all I ever wanted, so thank you," I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"ALYIAH," I turned around to see Leo calling me over. With one last smile in Alexander's I made my way over, I was welcomed with friendly smiles and arms wide open and in that moment I knew it would be okay.

THE END

******************************************************************************

This is the end of Finding Love, hopefully it was alright.

I don't think I did too badly for my first book and I wanted to just write something that was drama filled to cleanse my mind before jumping back in.

N.B: If you're wondering why i threw in her father's information, I did it because I had this whole thing in my head where I would reveal it in a emotional way but I was too lazy to do it so I just threw it in there.

Maybe I'll make some more stories or maybe not.