Episode 17

----------۝----------
Y/N'S POV
----------۝----------

What is that money can't buy?

Nothing hard to answer because in the twentieth century, it can get you anything or everything.

Human lives, feelings of kindness and empathetic emotions are worthless. Morales, ethics and terms like dignity are meaningless. Wealth on the other hand is the only thing that defines your value and worth.

Looking at the mirror, I could hardly recognize myself as me.

Decorated with jewels from top to bottom, I sparkled brighter than the brightest stars in the milky way.

Not my sparkle as I said before. It was the mountain high cost of the glimmering cream colored tulle that decorated my body, making me gleam under the dazzling chandelier lights.

The high pencil heel, pinching my feet like a thorn as I hardly walked down the majestic staircase, furnished by a lush red carpet.

The sudden demand of the commander to get me ready got me baffled. Then the one helping me turned out to be my biggest hater in this mansion.

Yeji. Or that's what the other maids called her.

Getting her help was so uncomfortable that I felt like running away in discomfort. Her judging gaze piercing right through my soul the entire time. But was I even given any other options?

"Get into this outfit. I'll send the maids to help you get ready."

I couldn't even gather the courage to ask the basic questions like; where? Or why?

Standing at the last stair of the huge staircase, I saw his muscular back turned towards me. The millitary uniform hugging him so tight that the buttons might come undone any moment.

My feet took that last step watching as he slowly turned back, finally acknowledging my presence.

Expression unreadable as I slowly made my way closer to him.

Sometimes I want to know.

I want to know what goes inside your brain Jeon Jungkook.

Stopping a few steps away, I sighed, fixing my gaze at the ground to avoid his unwavering intense stare.

"Where are we going?", I breathed, making it hardly audible for anyone. But I was sure his sharp ears caught my whisper.

"To show the entire world."

I frowned never lifting up my gaze but the sound of his boots against the wooden floor echoed making adreline rush through my veins.

"To show the entire world?", I lifted up my head finding him a step or two away from me, eyes instantly connecting mine.

"To show the entire world that you belong to 'me'."

My scowl further deepening but he nonchalantly held me by my arm before yanking me closer to him, making me clumsily stumble.