Chapter 6

Love

Love

Ranpo sat up from his chair and looked for Poe around the house just to find him in his bedroom on his bed sitting looking down at the floor with Karl next to him. It looked like he was venting.. to Karl?! He listened in to hear why Poe looked so stressed.

"Oh Karl.... What if Ranpo doesn't see the card?.. What if he sees it and doesn't like it?.. Oh Karl, I'm such a mess!"

Poe goes back to being stressed putting both his hands over his face looking as if he was going to start growing tears in his eyes or burst out into tears. Ranpo was worried and wanted to go comfort him but that would startle him, so he stayed near the door letting Karl comfort him.

"Thanks Karl... You're the best at listening to me... I'm sorry for putting my stress and problems on you. I shouldn't have just thrown that all on you.."

Poe puts his hands down off his face and then he looks at Karl and picks him up to give him a hug. Ranpo looked at how Karl and Poe get along so well and have a great embrace for each other. Ranpo opened the slight door and walked in. Poe was still hugging Karl, Ranpo was close by his bed and spoke with a soft voice to not startle Poe.

"Ed?.. I got your card. It-" Ranpo said while being interrupted by Poe

"It's alright, I have an idea on what you're going to say.." Poe said

"You do?" Ranpo said with confusion

"Mhm.. You were going to say that you hated the card and that you don't like me in that way. Since we are rivals.."

Ranpo stayed silent then spoke up after a few minutes

"That isn't what I was going to say Ed."

"Really?"

"Yup what I was going to say was, that the card was lovely and amazing Ed! It made my day of how much you put your heart into that card. Also that I do like you."

"I-... You're not lying?.."

"Nope! The greatest detective never lies!"

"W-Woah R-Ranpo... That-"

"I know. It was a shock but it's the truth"

Poe let go of Karl and looked at Ranpo to see his expression. Ranpo was smiling happily. He sat up from the bed, he stood for a bit but then went to give Ranpo a hug.. Ranpo was a little shocked but gave Poe a gentle and comforting hug holding him tightly.

"I love you Ed" Ranpo said calmly

"I-I love you too Ranpo.." Poe said while his head buried into Ranpo's chest when hugging. He sounded a little muffled but Ranpo already knew what his response was going to be.

The end