Chapter 5 - [Beauty and the Red Eyed Man]

I got the disciplining of a lifetime on Monday morning. Aurora refused to drop the fact that I hadn't called her, or picked up her calls, at all over the weekend after the birthday craze.

And no matter how much I told her that I was busy, it didn't help.

I was busy, though. Obviously, my Saturday was spent with that visiting the police department, going to the museum, delivering cake, washing violated plants then figuring out hieroglyphics and trying to make sense of what was going on.

Then on Sunday, I completely forgot that I had another cake to make, so I spent the entire morning doing that, delivered it at noon... and then went to check on Akhenatem.

He was infuriated over the fact that I had not provided him with breakfast. So to make up for that, since I actually did feel bad, I prepared a big lunch for him. Dinner as well. And breakfast and lunch for the next day. I boxed it all up, put it in the fridge and then taught him how to use a microwave.

It was kind of pitiful watching him though. All he really did while I was there was watch cartoons on the T.V. that he figured out how to use.

I mean, imagine if he really was a king.

How sad was that, going from king to a couch potato?

"Are you listening to me?" Aurora continued as we walked towards our lockers once class finished.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Ro!" I sighed, "I really didn't mean to not call! I was so busy!"

"I was worried sick!" She said for the hundredth time that day, "and when I went to check on you at home, you weren't even home!"

I stopped walking and then hugged her really tightly, "I'm so sorry!" I said, "I'll explain it all to you soon, Ro, I promise."

Aurora sighed, "Dammit, May. You kill me."

I smiled, finally getting her forgiveness.

"Dom really freaked me out you know? When he told me that he ran off with a bloody nose leaving you with some weirdo. I gave him a black eye for it."

I scoffed, "no way!"

She nodded, "probably why he's not at school today. That or he's getting high somewhere to put out the pain."

I chuckled, "I'm fine, Ro... the guy punched Dom in the face because he thought he was harassing me," I lied, trying to make her feel better, "he didn't mean any harm."

"Well, I guess that serves him right. Dom also mentioned the whole Viktor thing. I slapped him for that."

I burst out laughing.

I realized that Aurora's treatment of Dom was basically abuse and I definitely did feel bad for Dom.

But hey, it really didn't stop me from having a good laugh.

I never bring my brother's car to school and that was because of the fact that there were some mean people in my school who like to scratch up expensive cars. And my brother had a very expensive black Audi A6.

And the car he took with him to law school was his Cadillac CTS sedan.

On top of being very good at saving up money, he was also spoiled very badly by my parents since he followed the right path, in their opinion.

Then there was me.

Taking the bus home.

Not that that was necessarily a bad thing... I kind of liked taking the bus. It gave me time to sit back and listen to music or read, both of which I loved to do.