The uninvited guest

I came to myself in a room I already knew. Getting up from the bed, I turned my gaze to the mirror. There was no trace of the previous bruises and bruises on my face. That's what vampire blood does.
Suddenly, there was some scuffling behind the heavy wooden door leading into the room. In a second, it flew open and hit the wall with force. There was a girl I didn't know on the threshold. She was dressed in an expensive outfit, as I had already managed to understand: a black dress with puffy sleeves and gold inserts on the hem, corset, cuffs and square neckline. She was also wearing a black velvet cloak with the same gold ornaments adorning it. On her neck was a large cross made of red rubies, gold, and black sapphires. Her curly jet-black hair was pulled back with a black velvet cap embroidered with ruby thread.
Her skin was deathly pale in color, which made her absolutely black eyes stand out perfectly on her face. I can't describe them in any way except as predatory. They read that she's trying to scan you from head to toe. To understand if there is something in you that she wants, and if there is, then she will get it in any way.
- Who else are you? - The velvety, but at the same time threatening voice of a stranger brought me out of the trance into which she plunged me with her appearance.
- I kind of have the same question. - I was confused.
- Emma, this is Marisol. My sister, she used to live here, in this room. - James clarified the situation, coming into the room after him.
-  Marisol, and this is...-  He began to introduce me.
- Emma, I see. - The vampire nodded. - And I realized who she was. Or rather, I sensed it. You're fast. - The girl grinned.
- Okay, - the vampire exhaled, clapping her hands, - you can stay in my room, but with me. - She winked at me. - We have something to talk about between us girls.
- I do not know if this is a tackle or a threat. - I couldn't help but chuckle a little. - It would be better to make a tackle, but I will still refuse, but I will remember it for the rest of my life.
- Rejection is the best solution, Emma. - James threw it to me and gestured to me that it was time to leave the room.
The vampire and I went downstairs, where William was sitting in the dining room, throwing wine.
- You weren't killed? -  I looked first at him, then at James. - I'm glad.
- Don't flatter yourself though. - The guy narrowed his eyes.
- You promised me to smoke, but instead you broke a couple of my ribs, and you're still performing. - I narrowed my eyes in response, while folding my arms across my chest. - It's better to share tobacco with the lady.
- Do you smoke? - James asked in surprise, turning to me.
- Only in stressful situations, - I shrugged, - which is what all this is.
- Oh, won't you offer me one? - Marisol asked in a velvety voice, elegantly and almost silently walking into the room.
- Okay, - William rolled his eyes, - everyone to the backyard.
And we went back to this small enclosed section of the street, where Taylor had arranged my "abduction" just a couple of hours ago.
When we all, even James, lit a cigarette, Edward came into the backyard and, surprisingly, also asked to share tobacco with him. So the five of us stood on this piece of street. It reminded me of a very crowded smoking room in some bar in the Hamptons, where everyone is crammed in between performances of musicians, and chatting on various topics.
- Emma, you've already met Marisol, I see. - Edward exhaled a puff of smoke upward.
- That's right, - I did the same, - and she's with me.
- I came to find out how you are doing, but it seems that you have managed to do anything here, just not looking for a book. - The vampire took a drag. - I didn't just come to stay.
- Tomorrow we will go to Collen with a book in our hands, don't worry. - Edward replied.
- And will you take the witch with you? - Marisol arched an eyebrow.
- No, Emma will go back to her century. She got into our time by accident, just with the help of that book. - Jamie explained.
- How many things I have missed. - The brunette rolled her eyes. - So we're leaving tomorrow?
- Yes, finally. - William joined in.
- Anyway.- Edward drew everyone's attention back to himself. - The plan is this: Jamie and I have agreed with the head of the London Inquisition. Camille will be arrested tomorrow at noon.
- Will you kill her? - I interrupted the vampire by coughing up smoke.
- Not quite. - The man replied. - Perhaps she will be lucky and her high-ranking friends will help her avoid execution, but we will already be outside London with a book in our bosom. And you will be already in your century.
- And what to do? - I asked.
- An hour after Camille's arrest, Emma will break into Bishop's house and steal a book that is most likely in the library. While all the family members are busy trying to free Camilla, you can go unnoticed. - Edward explained.
- We'll be waiting for you at the door of the house, around the perimeter. As soon as you come out with the book, one of us will get you home in a second. - Added Jamie.
- That's right. Then you will have a few minutes to deal with it and go back. - Edward blew smoke into the air again. - You will go back, and we will leave the city as soon as possible.
- What if I get killed there? - I took a nervous drag.
- Then you'll cause us a lot of trouble, since Jamie's blood will make you a vampire.-  William quipped.
- I see. - I exhaled. - I'll still try not to die.
- You've worked out your powers, haven't you?- Edward asked.
In response, I exhaled again and, focusing my gaze on the door, slammed it with one movement of my hand, inadvertently hitting William with it.
- I'm sorry. - I giggled, putting my hands to my mouth. - You won't believe me, but I didn't do it on purpose.
- I won't believe you any more than you believe me. - The vampire croaked, holding his elbow.
As a result, James and I moved my few belongings to his room on the third floor. It was slightly smaller than the one where I was placed, but in the center there was also a large wooden bed with a purple velvet canopy.
It was already dark, so the vampire lit a small fireplace to keep me warm. I was getting ready for bed, so I was wearing nothing but a nightgown and cotton long socks.
- So who is Marisol? - I sat down on the bed opposite James.
- Our sister, I'm telling you. - She's still the latest of the vampires, but she's already Collen's favorite.- He grinned.
- Why is that? - I asked.
- She is something like an indomitable knight, performs any errands, even the most cruel.  - Jamie shrugged.
- And I came to take you away from here. - I stated a fact.
- We would have left without her, but she undoubtedly hurried us. - The vampire chuckled.
- And you're just going to leave this house? - I looked around. - It has already seemed cozy even to me.
- We have such houses all over the world, Emma, but I'm glad you liked it here. - The man smiled at me, looking at me warmly with his blue eyes.
- In my time, this house, like all others in this area, will no longer exist. - I lowered my eyes to the floor.
I couldn't believe it, but I really didn't want to leave. I knew that I would not be able to return to normal life, but I was afraid that they would not accept me in the future. And will it come for them...
- Hey, what are you doing? - James gently touched my arm. - Why is my wife sad?
- Can you give me some advice, James? - I looked at him from under my brows, trying not to let myself cry again. - I think you're good at it.
- I'll try. - The vampire shook his head, showing how attentively he was listening to me.
- In general, - I exhaled noisily, - I kind of like one person. I didn't think it would go  like this, but it is a fact. With him... with him I feel free, I want to share so many things with him. - I looked into the vampire's blue eyes and still let some of the tears roll down my cheeks. - However, there will be 5 hundred years between us, which is a huge time... even for vampires. - I grinned slightly, through the flow of tears that had already raged. - I'm so afraid that he will forget me, that he won't need me anymore. I mean... I really managed to fall in love with him. - With these words, I began to cry even harder, and I had to lower my head on my palms so that my tears would not be so visible.
- Oh, Emma. - James put his hand on my shoulder, forcing me to look up at him again. - He won't be able to forget you, believe me. - The vampire's eyes also seemed to be wet. - He will remind himself of you every single day and look forward to meeting you. And, believe me, when it happens, he will tell you in detail everything that happened during these 5 hundred fucking years. - A few tears also fell from his blue eyes, leaving wet tracks on his cheeks and dissolving into his red beard. - And he also managed to love you.
- Then he'll have to promise to be careful. - He has to survive these 5 hundred years, okay? Don't get into trouble. - I knelt down and cupped his face in my hands.
- I promise you. - Jamie shook his head and wrapped both arms around my waist.
I just slowly sank down, covering him with my lips. And then I gently and tenderly kissed him several times, feeling the salty taste of our tears.
Then James deepened our kiss. His tongue began to explore my mouth again, and his hands went lower, hugging my hips. I didn't hesitate and jumped on his lap, placing my legs between them. However, James didn't let me keep control of the situation for long. With a light movement, he turned me over on my back and put me on the bed, hovering over me. Then he captured my lips and mouth again, and I just ran my hands over his strong shoulders, sometimes scratching them.
- I'm sorry, Emma. - James broke off our kiss and looked into my eyes again. - If we continue, it will hurt me more.
- I understand. - I shook my head, trying to hide my disappointment.
The vampire got off me, and already began to go somewhere.
- Wait, why are you leaving? - I asked quietly. - Stay with me.
- I wanted to let you sleep properly. - Jamie replied, turning to me.
- I want to sleep next to you. - I said, burrowing into the blanket.
- Alright. - He smiled and lay down under the blanket next to me.
So I fell asleep, lying on James's chest, trying to snuggle as close to him as I could. Next to him, I feel so calm and peaceful, so it's incredibly scary for me to go back to the unknown. I just want to lie there forever, hugging him...