28

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ella is on her way to school but today is not like any other day. in general life has not been feeling the same ever since yesterday. she could swear she is becoming a psychic because literally why does she feel chris' presence ever since he came back. they arrived yesterday at night and before she even got the text from nick, she knew they were back.

she got to school earlier than usual and walks over to lu who's standing right next to the main entrance, waiting for who knows. ella waits for amelia which she never does, since shes usually the one running late.

she suddenly feels a rush down her spine. she looks up into the direction of the entrance. she saw someone walking towards the door, about to open it, behind him a blonde and brunette guy following. it takes her about 3 more seconds to realize who's standing infront of her. chris quickly smiles and walks right past her. nick stops and pulls her into the biggest hug.

"i missed you so much" nick exclaims, squeezing ella lightly before letting go.

"i kinda missed you too" she says jokingly before nick punches her shoulder. she laughs it off before pulling matt into a hug. "see you later" she says as she sees amelia enter school ready to go to class and escape that awkward situation with chris. amelia quickly hugs nick and matt not seeing chris since he walked away.

"lia that was so uncomfortable please" ella lets out right as they were far enough for them to hear.

lia is confused. "bro where even was he?"

"i don't know, they came through the door and he smiled at me and then quickly turned and disappeared." ella shrugs.

lia smirks holding onto one detail ella just said. "he smiled at you?"

ella turns to look at lia, her face starting to blush. "get that smug off your face"

lia laughs. "oh you're so weak"

ella holds up her finger trying to defend herself, eventually giving up.

"i didn't miss school at all." nick says as they meet in the hallway after their first period.

"you will survive till graduation" lia assured him. "where is chris i wanna say hi"

"he went to his friends" matt replies. you can tell he doesn't like them by his tone.

"talking about them, sarah came up to me and said someone canceled, so you can come to her party." lia remembered.

"you weren't invited?" nick asks in confusion. "literally all our friends are there."

that just proves to ella that sarah has to have some kind of problem with her. "i don't know but guess we'll see you on the weekend."

nick and ella leave to go to their next period. they both look back to see lia and matt still standing there and talk about who knows what. nick and ella look back at each other slightly nodding before looking back to where they are walking.