12. divorce and drunk ruhaan

Sitara and ruhaan handed the twins to Akshita, tears of joy welled up in her eyes. She looked at Advik, and he responded with a wide smile. Wiping her tears away, he sat beside her, cradling one of the babies in his hands. Advik chuckled as he looked at his baby girl, noticing the striking resemblance between them. He and Akshita had always argued about whose features the babies would inherit. Akshita raised her hand and gently wiped away the tear Advik had been holding back.

Watching this heartfelt scene, Sitara's eyes became moist, a smile gracing her lips. Ruhaan's eyes glistened with happy tears, although he managed to keep them under control. Ruhaan and Sitara's eyes met, but after a few moments, they broke their gaze, feeling a mix of emotions.

"Sir, ma'am, can you please leave? We need to feed the babies," the nurse requested, interrupting the emotional moment.

"Sure," Sitara and Ruhaan replied in unison, stepping away.

Advik stood up and planted a gentle kiss on Akshita's forehead, eliciting a radiant smile from her.

"I'll be right outside. If you need anything, just tell me," he said.

"Yes," Akshita replied, her smile unwavering.

Advik left after tenderly kissing his twins.

"Ruhaan, Sitara, Maa, Dad, why don't you all go and get some rest? I'll stay with Akshi," Advik suggested.

"No, bhai, how will you manage alone? I'm staying with you," Sitara argued.

"No, Sitara, I'm fine. After seeing my babies, I feel an extra surge of energy," Advik chuckled.

"But bhai, you'll need help," Ruhaan said, concerned.

"Don't worry; the hospital staff here is very supportive," Advik assured them.

"Are you sure, beta?" Kabir inquired.

"Yes, Dad, you two please go and get some rest, please," Advik pleaded.

"Okay, but call us if anything is needed," Nishtha said.

"Ji, Maa," Advik said.

"Ruhaan, Sitara, both of you go. We are going to the temple to perform some pooja," Nishtha announced.

"Yes, Maa," Sitara said.

After bidding Advik farewell, the four of them left.

Once inside their room, Sitara headed to the washroom, while Ruhaan made himself comfortable on the couch. After a while, Sitara returned, and Ruhaan went to the washroom.

While searching for her charger, Sitara opened Ruhaan's drawer, thinking she might have placed it there by mistake. To her surprise, she found Pari's picture and a note. She weakly chuckled at the discovery. Curiosity piqued, she opened the chit and started reading.

"My dear Pari, I love you so much. Yes, I am married to Sitara, but my heart belongs to you only. No one can take your place in my heart. I know this namesake relationship must be difficult for her, but I can't help it. I tried to give our relationship a chance as friendship, but I can't. How can I imagine someone else in your place? I can never grant her the rights of being my wife. I will spend my life cherishing our beautiful memories. Yours, Ruhaan."

Her eyes brimmed with tears after reading the note, unaware that Ruhaan had written it on their wedding day.

Just then, she heard the door opening, and she quickly put the note back, wiping her tears. Taking a deep breath, she composed herself. Ruhaan entered and sat on the bed. Sitara's phone started ringing, and Ruhaan, being closer to it, saw Rishi's name on the screen. Sitara's face lit up upon seeing Rishi's name, but there was someone in the room burning with jealousy.