𝟐𝟑

JULES POV

As I walk down the stairs, Lukas' frame becomes less fuzzy to my eyes.

He's wearing a nice, red wine, button down, dressy shirt that perfectly matches my dress, a pair of black dressy pants paired with a nice, simple belt - and his hair is tamed unlike usual. His usual frizzy waves are now tame, loose curls.

Lukas looks handsome. No - more like pretty.

I hate using the word handsome, it sounds so old and wise. Pretty is a word boys don't get described as usually but I feel like that's the perfect word to describe Lukas Romero right now.

As I reach the final step, I grow closer to him, debating on what to say.

"Hey," is all I can muster out.

"Hey," he repeats in a softer tone. I watch as his eyes circle around my face. He stays silent though which leads me to wonder what he thinks about my look.

"Get closer together so I can get a picture!" my mom exclaims in a happy tone.

I take a step closer to him as he wraps his arm around my waist. I'm now realizing how thin my dress is as I can feel the warmth from him radiating on my skin.

The camera clicks for a moment until my mom finally releases her hand in front of her to examine the picture.

"This is the one," my mom states. She turns the phone around to show us the image.

Wow..

We look good next to each other. Of course it's only because of the matching colors though.. I think.

He releases his hand from my waist and zooms in on the picture. "You could have told me my hair was out of place," he jokes while messing his hair up as an attempt to fix it.

I glance up at his hair which has now fallen into perfect place. "It looks fine," I reassure him while getting a longer look at his whole outfit.

He playfully rolls his eyes. "I'm not gonna take your word for it," he pauses while walking over to the mirror. He shakes his head one final time until all of the loose curls seem to find their home. "Ready to go?" he turns to me and asks.

I nod. "I've been waiting on you, princess," I let out with a small laugh.

"Shut up," he spits back while strolling towards the door.

I follow closely behind him as we make our way over to his car.

"Make good decisions!" my mom yells from inside the house. Lukas and I both spit out a laugh at her comment.

As we draw closer to his car, he walks around to the passenger side to open the door for me.

"I can open doors myself," I state while playfully rolling my eyes.

"I'm aware - but I didn't want to keep you waiting on me, princess," he mocks me from earlier. He opens the door and motions for me to sit.

I place myself down and the door softly closes behind me.

Lukas' car is actually really nice. Most guys I know have shitholes for cars as they just let trash pile up on the floor but not Lukas, his car is clean and it smells good.

Lukas starts the car up, pulls out of my driveway, and begins to drive down on the road

My finger rolls on the dial to the radio, trying to find a station I like. I finally come across a station that plays songs from each decade and leave it at that.

"Make yourself cozy I guess," Lukas says in a mocking tone.

"I will," I state proudly, making sure to throw him a cheeky smile. The station switches to one of my favorite songs after it's been playing advertisements for the past five minutes.