TVD - 04

SAMAIRA

I slid down the brush on my hair length, my sight stalled on the mirror, my mind lingering over the words spoken by my potential husband. The declaration of understanding about my sentiments.

The amusement I felt under the decadal lies, men have spoken before the marriage to their wives. One the view that I am mesmerized by you. Second, I vow to protect your honour, and third. That I will remain faithful.

These untruths were overlayed on my feet by Jasvanthya as well, but grown in an environment where promises are a means to only bring a woman happily to her bed before they discard her like an old piece of clothing, and bring a new pair.

I have seen examples in my life. And even witnessed such a ruthless reality? There is minor you trust in the words of those who bring upon this on a woman.

I skimmed the tip of my extended night glory hairs before they returned to the top, I felt my phone buzz on the table, and my eyes escaped to the screen, over a notification pop-up on the screen.

I withheld my weight on my feet, strolling towards the table. The display of an unknown number greets the background of the castle wallpaper.

I leaned forward and bringing the phone closer, I narrowed my eyes, the display was an invite on video call.
My initial haul was to disregard.

I went over to the bed and rearranged my accessories choice to defy my mother's initial pick for Jodha's necklace to wear something more subtle for the wedding tomorrow. The door closed, and one side of the room was stacked with several outfits that I was supposed to wear for the wedding.

I sat down in front of the wooden jewellery box and opened the compartment, I picked out the gigantic necklace case.
My eyes lingered on the beautiful decor to make the woman appear shinier, so the scamp of man can get attracted towards them.

I put the decoration on my neck and turned around towards the mirror, finding my phone buzzing again. I landed the neckpiece down and sauntered towards the table, picking up the call this time.
“Samaira!” I heard the drunk voice of familiarity, my brows bought together, I questioned if my mind played the trick because of the raid Jasvanthya had had on me lately.

I sat down on the foot bench attached to the bed, my legs shaking, and lingering upon the identical forecasts that occurred in my life previously.   “This is humiliating,” His drunk voice made me fumble. I have seen multiple men drunk, but also seen my father once. And Jasvanthya being a deranged drunkard, a new wave of hatred caught on my nerves.

I gulped down harshly, and let my hand rest on one of my legs, my other hand holding onto the phone. Sitting straight, in a similar manner, my father wanted me and Somvarth to sit down, while our father nagged us constantly about specialities that had led him to hang on the thread of alcoholism that day.

I closed my eyes and waited for his words to attack me, to hear his version of the trailer for my future that will begin from tomorrow onwards.
Unwantedly the tiny hair on my neck rose, my hands shook I clutched my dress to stead them. My teeth kept tightly on each other, to restrain a word from escaping.

Past midnight, the entire Haveli was asleep, the silence had engulfed the air harshly, and the tiredness post-ritual had left his aftereffects

With multiple thoughts, I tried to remember numerous things, to control my urges to ache in my chest, “Samaira... tragedy you chose as the victory for the song you played when we first met me. Am I to believe that even your eventual acceptance of this marriage is only for it to end in the form of tragedy?” The drunken question, also examined my body to put the venom of words in mine.