When There Was Me and You

Letty's POV

It's been about a week and half since the wedding. I haven't told Paul about the baby yet. I went to Dr Cullen for my appointment, because I didn't want anyone in La Push to know yet. And my doctor from when I was pregnant with Mason. Is on vacation. My baby is completely healthy and so am I.

Anyway, today I'm with the pack at the beach. All imprints are here also. Paul is playing with a soccer ball with Sam and Jared. While Rachel is sitting on a picnic blanket with Kim and Emily. Along with the two newest members of the pack. Collin and Brady. Quil is by the water with little Claire. I am sitting with the others as I bounce Mason gently. As I watch Paul with Rachel. Listening to the others conversations.

"Maybe they'll say she was in a car crash. Or tripped and fell off a cliff. At least I'll get one thing out of it" Jacob states.

"No you won't. Cullens are not a danger to the town or the tribe" Sam states as he holds the ball.

"Well, he's either going to kill her or change her. And the treaty says" Jake starts to say.

"I say, Jacob" Sam says interrupting him. "I say" he says. He goes to sit with Emily. Jared wraps his arms around Kim. As Paul lays by Emily.

"You know if you wanted things different you should have become alpha" Embry tells Jacob.

"Turning it down seemed like a good idea at the time" Jacob tells him with a shrug.

"Jake, you really think you could kill Bella if she comes back a vampire?" Seth asks him.

"No. He'd make one of us do it and then hold a grudge against us" Leah states.

"Shut up, Leah" Jacob snaps.

"Guys chill" I tell them.

"Would you just get over it? It's not like you've imprinted on her" Leah tells Jacob.

"At least they seem happy" Seth says looking at the others. I try to keep my emotions in check. As I watch Paul and Rachel with the others. It's like they've been together for years, even when they aren't dating yet. Unless Paul has been lying to me and they are dating.

"Yeah, some people are just lucky I guess" Embry states.

"Lucky? None of them belong to themselves anymore. And the sickest part is their genes tell them they're happy about it" Jacob tells us.

"At least if you imprinted on someone you'd finally forget about Bella" Leah states. She looks at Sam and Emily longingly. "I mean, being any kind of happy is better than being miserable about someone you can't have" she states. As Paul feeds Sam a snack as they all laugh happily.

"I need a walk" I state handing Mason to Leah. "Please take care of Mason for me" I say.

"You ok Letty?" she asks me concerned.

"I just need a moment" I tell her. Before leaving the beach. Trying not to cry, stupid hormones. I should have known better then to trust Paul with my heart. But I couldn't help it, he is my first and only love. And his broken me.

I don't know how long I was walking. But I soon reach a cliff over looking the beach. I sit down and rub my small bump. Thinking about the time I spent with Paul. How could I never have known what he is? That there was a chance we won't going to last? As I think about it the last few months since Rachel returned. I begin to notice small differences in Paul's behavour since her return. From before she came back. He was already pulling away before I found out about Rachel.

"Letty" someone says. I wipe my eyes. "You ok?" Paul asks as he sits beside me.

"I'm fine" I snap.

"Now that's a lie" he states. "You've been crying, is it Rachel?" he asks.

"It's this whole situation!" I snap. "Why Paul? Why wasn't it me? Why can't we have our happy ever after? Why is our family broken?" I ask him.

"It's not broken" he tells me.

"Yes it is" I state as I stand up. "We were so happy, at least I thought we were. But it was all a lie" I state as tears fill my eyes again. "It's funny when you find yourself, looking from the outside. I was sitting there with the others, but all I want was to be over there with you" I tell him. "Like old times" I state.

"I was an idiot to think we could last" I add.

"You're not, I thought we would too" he tells me.

"Maybe, but you always knew there was a chance we wouldn't. Hell everyone in the pack and on the council knew we wouldn't. Because I'm not your imprint" I state. "Everybody else could tell.
That I confused my feelings with the truth. When there was me and you" I add.

"I'm so sorry Letty, I never wanted to hurt you or Mason" he says wiping my tears.

"It's not just the two of us anymore Paul" I tell him.

"What do you mean?" he asks confused. I hand him an ultrasound photo. He takes it with shaking hands.

"I'm pregnant again, with our second baby. Which will be born into a broken family and have a broken woman for a mother" I state. "Just like our son" I say looking down at the beach.

"You're not broken" he tells me.

"I am!" I cry. "You don't understand how I feel, no one does. Except Leah. You have someone to love and spend your life with. Who is going to want to be with a woman who has two babies. A hot-head for an ex, no one will. I'll be alone forever, while you get have your happily ever after with Rachel" I state.

"I'm sorry Letty, I'm so sorry" he tells me with tears in his eyes.

"Sorry isn't enough Paul, I'm gonna take Mason home" I tell him. As I wipe away my tears. "I'll text you when my next appointment is. Show up, don't show up. The choice is yours. But I can't watch you falling for Rachel anymore, it hurts to much" I state.

Then leave. Leah meets me at my car. Looking nervous. "Letty, something just happened. And I don't know how you're going to feel about it" she tells me.

"What is it?" I ask as I take Mason into my arms.

"I imprinted" she says.

"That's amazing" I tell her. "Who is he?" I ask her. She looks at my son, who yawns tiredly. "Oh" I say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen and I assure you I do not see him partner" she assures me. "I just want to protect him and watch him grow" she states.

"It's fine with me Leah, I'm so happy for you. You finally have someone to love, so that you can move on from Sam. I wish I had that, instead I just have anything linking me to Paul" I tell her.

"What do you mean?" she asks confused.

"Get in" I say and I strap Mason into his car seat. We get into the car and we leave the beach. "I found out at the Cullen wedding, that I'm pregnant again. With Paul and my second baby" I tell her.

"Oh Letty, I'm so sorry" she says.

"I hate it Leah, it hurts so much seeing him with her. And this baby will be born into a broken family. With a broken hearted mother. It's bad enough that I was going to raise Mason alone, but now I have two babies to raise. And no one to help. Where as Paul has his whole future with Rachel" I state.

"I'm here for you and Mason. Along with your future baby. You won't ever be alone" she assures me. I give her a grateful smile.

"My son is lucky to have you, I'm so glad he'll never have to go through this pain" I tell her. I drop her off at her house. Then go home with Mason, where I put him down for his nap. Before taking out an old photo album, it's of Mason's first year. Of him, Paul and I as a family. A family that will never be whole again. Rocky jumps up beside me and nuzzles into me. I smile stroking his soft fur.

A/N

Picture above of Emily, Jared, Kim, Sam, Paul and Rachel. Video above of the song (imagine it as Letty and Paul, not Bella and Edward).