Chapter 38 : A 'past' not to remember Pt.2

Sometimes things are better off forgotten.

Devon

"What is she doing here?", I scoffed.

They all looked nervous all of a sudden.

"Well...um...we invited her.", mom spoke up.

"And who's bright idea was that?", I asked, clearly irritated.

"Oh, come on Devon. Don't be so rude. Her father is in town and he asked if she could stay with us for a bit.", my mother tried to explain.

"Couldn't she just stay at a hotel or something?"

"It's not safe for her to be at a hotel! Listen, l...let's just go home and we will talk there, we're making a scene here.", Darria hushed us.

Darria quickly grabbed my suitcase and began walking towards the exit, I quickly followed after her and so did the others. I glanced at Darria and saw how tense she was. Okay, maybe I was being rude, but I had my reasons. I despise Andrea with every being of my body. What she did to me was terrible and caused me to do things...things I regret doing.

We got to the car and I went to the passenger side to sit with my sister, who was driving. My luggage was loaded up and we left for home. During the car ride I occupied myself by talking with Darria about her life and how she had been these years.
After a while of driving we finally reached the mansion in a secluded area, where you need pass a gate full of guards just to enter the estate. We had two other mansion near the main mansion. The other one was for Danzel and I and the other one was for My father. We have no idea what he does in there just we strictly forbidden from entering it.

When we got inside the mansion, I quickly grabbed my luggage and rushed to my room. I was exhausted and needed a shower. Just as I finished showering and changing into more comfortable clothing, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I walked over to it and opened, only to find, Andrea...

I sighed and looked at with an annoyed expression, I was not in the right state of mind to engage in a conversation with her right now.

[In Italian]

"What do you want?"

"Hey, Devon. I...I just wanted to talk.", she cleared her throat.

"About?", I enquired.

"I just want to know how you are doing..."

"I'm doing great. Now leave.", I tried to shut the door but she held it.

"Wait, please...I just want to talk to you. I...I miss talking to you and...and I just need to hear how you've been doing.", she pleaded.

"You miss talking to me?", I scoffed.
"What a load of bull shit.

"Please don't say it like that.", she pushed herself into my room and I shut the door.

"Okay, what are you on about?", I folded my arms, leaning onto me the door.

She let out a sigh.

"Okay, to be honest, I want to apologise for what I did to you and how unfair it was.", she looked at me censierly. I began to analyse her. She still looked the same from the last time I saw her but one thing changed, she shortened her blond hair and lost a bit of weight. 

"You waited what...5 years? No 6 years? Just to apologise. I don't need your fucken apology.", my mood immediately soured. I felt a pit of anger burst out.

"I know, i-"

"You know nothing! You don't know how much pain you caused me! How depressed I was! How fucked up my mental health was! You know nothing.  I don't even know why I'm talking to you right now! Fuck! Look, Andrea I don't want you appearing back into my life like nothing happened, don't ruin this peace for me, please...", I felt my emotions overtake me, I felt all the frustration built up in me bubble up.

She looked down in defeat.

"I...I'm sorry, Devon."

"C...can you just get out...please...", I turned away from her and tried to hold back tears of frustration and anger. Andrae sniffled a bit and quietly left my room.

I fell onto the floor, putting my head between my legs and feeling like absolute shit. Just talking to her brought so many memories back, horrible memories. I remembered all that blood, sweat, hair, tears and pain.

I began shaking, my heart beat racing, my head was throbbing, my breath was shortening by the second. What was happening? Am I having a panic attack? As I set there, i heard my door open and Darria's voice.

"Devon I- Devon? Devon are you okay? Devon!", Darria quickly ran to my side when she saw the state I was in. She pulled me into her arms and began gently brushing through my hair.

"Shh...shh...it's Okay, it's okay, calm down. I'm here, you're okay."

I hugged her and began silently sobbing into her shoulder.

"Why can't I just forget about that time, it's killing me...", I sobbed.

"Devon calm down and we can talk about this. Come on, let's go get some fresh air.", She stood up the  gently helped me get up from the floor. She wrapped her arm around my waist and helped me walk because I couldn't for the love of me, walk properly. Darria and I went to the balcony which was close to my room. Everyone was downstairs so no one saw me in my state.

We got to the balcony and Darria set me down on the bench, she down beside me and began comforting me.

"What happened, Devie..."

"Darria...I...I...can't forget about my break up with her, I can't forget about the aftermath...",I sniffled.

"Why? What happened...?", she asked in a concerned voice.

"I...I tried to take my own life..."

~To be continued...~