𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

We soon made it back home, and it thankfully wasn't too late into the night.

I tiredly walked inside the house, wary and also overwhelmed by the day I had. Bella offered to whip something up for Charlie who hadn't eaten any dinner yet, but he settled on heating some leftover pizza from the fridge and rested on the couch for the rest of the night while the bright TV remained on in the living room.

I felt better once I was able to kick off my shoes and change out of my dress into some comfy sweats and a cotton camisole for the night. Luckily, I had no homework that night, as I finished every assignment in all my classes that day before leaving school for our Port Angeles trip.

My clock sitting on my nightstand read ten-thirty-two in bold red letters, telling me I needed to get some much-needed rest soon for the following day.

I felt colder that night than usual. My body trembled lightly as goosebumps appeared on my arms.

The only remaining pullover I had was in my laundry hamper from wearing it a couple of nights ago, making me curse silently in my mind for not buying enough sleep tops more suitable for the winter weather before leaving Phoenix, as the weather there was all I was used to before.

Not wanting to shiver the rest of the night under the covers, I decided to go ask Bella if she had a pullover or hoodie I could borrow for the night.

I gently knocked on her door, receiving a short pause of silence before a verbal answer.

"Come in," she called out.

I turned the knob and cracked open the door slightly, seeing Bella sitting up in her bed with her open laptop in front of her lap, with the same blue book she bought in Port Angeles placed beside her.

"Hey, do you have a hoodie or a pullover I can borrow for tonight?" I asked. "I still need to do laundry."

"Yeah, hold on." She said, as she got up out of her bed and walked over to her small wooden dresser.

After searching through one of the drawers, she pulled out a grey hoodie and threw it over to me by the door.

"Thanks," I said, pulling the hoodie over my head, warming me up instantly.

As she went to sit back down in her bed, I began to grow unexpectedly curious about that book she got.

I likely wouldn't have cared much to know about it if she didn't want to go all the way to Port Angeles just to purchase this one book which she mentioned wasn't sold at any other bookstore nearby — this made me wonder why she wanted the book so badly.

"Hey, you never told me what book you bought earlier," I commented, rolling down the rest of the hoodie over my body.

"Oh, um," Bella paused, clearing her throat. "It's just a book about different kinds of legends."