Part 7

2 months later

I have no love in my heart for Amaree, I hate him. Ever since he got me the only thing that's been on my mind was going far far way. But I can't, because you know....yea. Ever since it happened I've been sad and depressed. Quieter than usual and Amaree says I seem off but he should know why. The pain that I feel is unbearable. At some points it's hard to breathe, it's like the air is so thick, like somehow the world stopped spinning. Well, it did for me.

After a couple weeks of me being here, Amaree's homeboys started to come over. Just to chill and play the game. And when they did I always stayed upstairs because I just don't have the energy to be around people. He's still mean to me but I honestly think that's his weird sadistic way of showing "love" because no matter how many times he says it he ends up doing the same thing...but expects me to bow down and fall in love with him. Nope.

There was more commotion than usual downstairs when his homeboys were here so I wanted to look over the banister, the part where they couldn't see me. There was a girl downstairs, she was pretty, brownskin, short, had cute boho knotless. I'm guessing it was one of the homeboys girlfriends. "Hm, that's what was all the commotion." I thought to myself. I was walking back to the room when Amaree called my phone. Yes, after a while he gave me my phone back but the only app I have is the apps that the phone first comes with. And the only number I have is his...ironic right? He said "Come downstairs right quick" then hung up the phone. I honestly didn't want to, because I had a feeling I knew why he told me to come down. But I did anyway. As I was walking towards him he said "Romani this Xoni, my shorty. Anytime pusha bring you ova you can go upstairs and chill wit ha, if you want" I did my little wave. Even though in my book I'm not his "shorty" he still decides to call me it. More up close to Romani I could tell she seemed sweet. "Cmon" I told her. Signaling her to come upstairs because if she stayed down she would regret staying down there. They don't do shit but count money, yell, talk shit, SHOOT DICE, and play the game. And I could tell it wasn't her cup of tea. She followed me upstairs and we went into the upstairs living room. It had a pool table, bar, and other things that made a hoodlum living room complete...

We just sat on the couch and talked. "So which one is your boyfriend again?" I said because I honestly don't know any of their names. "His name is pusha, he's sooo fine right??" She replied. I just did a little laugh. "So how long you've been talking to lock?" She asked. "We're not talking he literally just wants me to live here, how did you know his street name was lock?" I replied. "Pusha says it all the time, wait what do you mean he called you his shorty, how are yal not dating? " she replied. I paused and played with my nails, contemplating if I should tell her or not "he likes me so that's why he calls me his shorty" I said. I don't know her like that plus the girl might get me in trouble. "Oh well girl you luckyy, I heard a while back he was looking for some girl but never found her. Guess he moved on to you. You look gorggg" she said. "Thank youu" I said smiling. Whole time he did find the girl, and the girl is me. "Can I be honest?" She said. "Yea go head" I replied. "Honestly...I didn't really want to come here with pusha, he kinda forced me to but now that I know that you're here maybe we can be friends and I can come over all the time." She said. "Yea you can come over whenever you want" I replied. "So how did you end up getting with this mystery man, pusha" I added. "Basically he couldn't take no for an answer, no matter how nice I told him. He seen me last week coming out of some furniture store and the rest is so crazy you wouldn't believe me" she replied. So his whole friend group is crazy and sadistic. Geez. "I'll believe you, but it's my story you will not believeeee" I replied. But I didn't want to get into the whole how did we meet stories because I didn't care. "Anyways let's go do something" I added. "Ok, are we goons leave the house? Omg! Let's go to the mall!"She said. "Um..no we can't really leave right now, let's just stay upstairs. Do you like to paint?" I asked. "Omg I love painting." She replied.